Porter Virtual | Porter Escapes: Thunder Bay! @ CYTZ - 110000ZAUG18

We are an IFVARB certified VA.

Welcome to Porter Escapes.

“Welcome to Porter Virtual’s most exciting and frequent Infinite Flight live event series!

In these series of events, we aim to provide an awesome, realistic flying experience for all pilots. We want to show them Q400 operations and how they really work.

Discover the Canadian and Eastern U.S lands right here. Become a pro pilot with us. Make the skies home.
Welcome to Porter.”

General details.

Date: Saturday, 11th August, 2018

Time: 0000Z/UTC - this is the scheduled DEPARTURE time!

Server: Expert

Region: Ontario, Canada

Aircraft: Dash-8-Q400 (Porter livery)

Airports: CYTZ and CYQT

Event information.

Why are we hosting this event?

Porter Virtual has chosen to host this event because who doesn’t love the city of Thunder Bay? Even the name itself already sounds interesting. Located on the outskirts of Ontario, Thunder Bay is built on Lake Superior, which can be seen in the event banner. The city boasts a population of 108,000, and is a popular tourist destination within North America. And guess what? Porter proudly serves the airport of CYQT!

Where will we fly to/from?

We will be departing CYTZ from either runway 26 or 08. Due to headwinds, this flight will take an approximate 1 hour and 40 minutes at normal cruising speed. But trust us, the views are spectacular.

Flight plan (subject to change): CYTZ 4403N/7941W 4411N/7943W YEE 4545N/8155W 4624N/8338W WAGGO DELGI 4814N/8858W EBKIL 4826N/8904W BEROB CYQT

Prodecures.

As Porter Virtual aims to be highly realistic, we will try and follow all proper Q400 flying procedures from SIDS/STARS to speeds, etc. ALL AIRCRAFT MUST MAINTAIN 6NM SAFETY DISTANCE! For all Q400 info, visit our exclusive Training centre!

CYTZ is not the biggest of airports, and only has 10 gates in total. That’s why you should sign up as soon as possible, before all the spots are taken! Just a friendly reminder, this event follows UTC/ZULU time, meaning that it does not follow your local time zone!

Gates Pilot
Gate 1 @TenMileJones
Gate 2
Gate 3 @MisterButler
Gate 4
Gate 5
Gate 6
Gate 7 @Ryan2
Gate 8
Gate 9 @rileymoyer
Gate 10 @Snow_Cone

Join us!

Fancy Porter Virtual? Don’t hesitate and join us! There are some requirements that you may need in order to apply, but we’re sure you’ll have all of them. Click right here: Join us

image image

4 Likes

Weee, this is going to be a fun one!

2 Likes

image Update: Thunder Bay facts!

Time for some Thunder Bay facts! Did you know, there is a huge piece of landmass called the Sleeping Giant - and from a specific angle, it looks like a giant sleeping on its back. The Sleeping Giant is located on the Sibley Peninsula. Where did Thunder Bay get its name from? Well, the answer is Thunder Bay, located on the head of Lake Superior. And finally, this city started as a French fur trading outpost, way back in the 17th century. Did that get your interest? Sign up and join us then!

image image

2 Likes

I would join if it wasn’t 3 am! Your events are very good snd they should be getting more attention!

4 Likes

I will take a gate. Any one works

2 Likes

We strive to use the most realistic procedures for the Q400. Our fleet is tiny but it gives you time to master the aircraft.

4 Likes

Sign me up, please. :)

2 Likes

I’m up for this, sign me up!

2 Likes

image Update: 6 gates remain!

Oh no, there’s only 6 gates remaining for our event to Thunder Bay! Don’t worry though, because there’s still plenty of space, so make sure to sign up if you want to join us!

image image

2 Likes

Come on, let’s get some more pilots in!

2 Likes

If for some unfortunate reason I don’t get let out of the hospital today I’ll take a gate, Porter 55

2 Likes

I gotcha @TenMileJones, spawn in time is in 5 mins!

1 Like

image Update: Thank you!

Thanks to all those members who came to join us in this amazing journey to Thunder Bay. This was one of the most memorable events we’ve held to date, and I’m sure our Porter Virtual members would say so too. Isn’t that right @Snow_Cone?

image image

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.