Porter Virtual | Porter Escapes: Montréal @ CYUL - 100010ZJUN18

We are an IFVARB certified VA.

Welcome to Porter Escapes.

“Welcome to Porter Virtual’s most exciting and frequent Infinite Flight live event series!

In these series of events, we aim to provide an awesome, realistic flying experience for all pilots. We want to show them Q400 operations and how they really work.

Discover the Canadian and Eastern U.S lands right here. Become a pro pilot with us. Make the skies home.
Welcome to Porter.”

General details.

Date: 10 June, 2018

Time: 0010Z/UTC (still TBD)

Server: Expert

Region: Ontario, Canada (and Quebec as well)

Aircraft: Dash-8-Q400 (Porter livery)

Airports: CYTZ and CYUL

Event information.

Why are we hosting this event?

Porter Virtual is delighted to host this event because of the upcoming Formula 1 Canadian GP in Montreal! We felt that this is a good time to build up some hype for the race, and also for all pilots to fly the underrated Dash-8-Q400. The Canadian GP will take place on the Circuit Gilles Villnueve, named after legendary F1 driver Gilles Villeneuve, who sadly died during qualifying for the 1982 Belgian Grand Prix.

Where will we fly to/from?

We will be departing CYTZ from runway 08. A short 1 hour flight will then bring us to CYUL, Montreal Pierre Elliot International.

Flight plan (subject to change): CYTZ 4338N/7922W DAVSI TESUK TALEB 4402N/7820W BOMET NOPOT TIGET MIGLO 4440N/7606W REEDO 4450N/7528W 4459N/7457W ARVIE HABBS COMAU 4522N/7354W 4523N/7331W 4523N/7326W 4523N/7323W GAUTI NIKOO CYUL

Prodecures.

As Porter Virtual aims to be highly realistic, we will try and follow all proper Q400 flying procedures from SIDS/STARS to speeds, etc. ALL AIRCRAFT MUST MAINTAIN 6NM SAFETY DISTANCE! For all Q400 info, visit our exclusive Training centre!

Remember, CYTZ is a small airport and there are only 10 gates available. This is a first come, first served basis! Please be punctual when you arrive, at least 10 minutes before the scheduled departure time. Don’t sign up for the sake of doing it and not showing up. Thanks!

Gates Pilot
Gate 1 @MisterButler
Gate 2
Gate 3 @TheCoolPilot
Gate 4 @Ryan2
Gate 5
Gate 6
Gate 7
Gate 8
Gate 9 @Aquila
Gate 10

Join us!

Fancy Porter Virtual? Don’t hesitate and join us! There are some requirements that you may need in order to apply, but we’re sure you’ll have all of them. Click right here: Join us

image image

4 Likes

I should be able to attend, hopefully get another pilot award ;)

1 Like

I should be able to make it!! Could I please have a gate! Seems like a very well laid out event! 👍 @MisterButler this is 0810 am our time on a Sunday right?

1 Like

I’m afraid I’m going to have to be studying for exams on that night :( . Everyone enjoy! Looks like a lot of fun

3 Likes

Hello @MisterButler,

Sounds like a fun event! I’ll try to attend.

Regards,
@Transport_Hub

1 Like

I will try to join it that day

1 Like

image Update: More clarification.

4 more days until the event starts! Just to let everyone on the fellow community know, we will be adding all participants to a group chat on the day of the event. This will allow us to communicate better, and more efficiently too. From there, we will decide the gates to park at at CYUL, and what to do after the flight. Perhaps a short photoshoot session, or something interesting and fun. Don’t forget to sign up! If you do, make sure to actually request a gate.

image image

1 Like

image Update: Less than 24 hours left!

With less than a day left until the start of this event, we at Porter would like to ask for more people to come and join the exciting flight to Montréal! Adding on to that, we also have a couple of things to announce:

The flight plan will be uploaded here around 30 minutes before the scheduled departure time. All participating members will be added to a Discourse group chat, and that is where we will decide where to park at CYUL, along with other stuff. We will follow all basic Q400 prodecures, with the help of @Aquila the Q400 genius.

Flight plan (subject to change): CYTZ 4338N/7922W DAVSI TESUK TALEB 4402N/7820W BOMET NOPOT TIGET MIGLO 4440N/7606W REEDO 4450N/7528W 4459N/7457W ARVIE HABBS COMAU 4522N/7354W 4523N/7331W 4523N/7326W 4523N/7323W GAUTI NIKOO CYUL

image image

1 Like

Gate 9 for me if you would.

2 Likes

Sorry for the late reply but I think I can make it :)

1 Like

image Update: Thank you for coming!

The event has finished, and we must say, that was an absolutely fantastic one! Thank you to all the Porter Virtual members who came and flew in a group. Although this time there were no outsiders who joined, maybe next time there will be on our hop to Chicago Midway (KMDW). May a moderator (@Levet, @schyllberg, etc) please close this topic? Thanks!

image image

2 Likes

Closed on request :)

3 Likes