Poor performance in multiplayer

hey guys? how are you?
I’m experiencing a problem after the update where the frame rate is very unstable in multiplayer. Before the update, it worked normally without frame errors, short-term freezes and even the application simply closed while taxiing in LHR. I use maximum graphics but before bringing it here I tested smaller graphics and decreased the plane count and it seemed to be solved, after finalizing the flight plan and etc 5 minutes pass the frames that were stabilized quietly at “30fps” start to vary between 0>20 I also tested it on reduced graphics and it works the same, I personally don’t know what’s going on.

above are some prints of how the performance is, both in “high and low”

Device: iPhone XR
Operating system: iOS 16.3.1

3 Likes

Hey! What device are you using? Also, how busy was it when you were taxiing? With the addition of 3d airports and lots of traffic, even the best devices struggle to quickly render so many 3-D objects at a time. I know this is a mind-numbing question, but have you tried restarting your device?

1 Like

Also, if I’m not mistaken, I belive there was a hotfix released a few hours ago for various issues. Maybe there’s another update in the App Store?

1 Like

my device is an iphone xr, i already restarted it hoping for a fix but to no avail, i cleared the cache to see if that helped it didnt help either.

1 Like

Did you ever see a hotfix or no? I could’ve misread a previous article.

1 Like

the hotfix fixes 2 bugs only related to the GSE and airplane lights as quoted @Cameron. Including the GSE works for me while it didn’t work for many

1 Like

How stable was your connection? Sometimes download speeds of buildings and aircraft could slow

1 Like

more than enough

1 Like

Yeah, well you clearly know what you’re talking about when it comes to your settings and stuff so you’ve officially surpassed my technical know-how 😂. Hopefully it’s one of things that’ll fix itself either with time or in a future update. I’m sure there’s someone that knows more than me that’ll be here soon. Wishing you the best 🙌

1 Like

hahaha yeah thanks a lot for trying to help and i sincerely hope it gets fixed soon

1 Like

Same! It happened 3 times for me yesterday. I departed EWR going to TNCM and my app crashed as soon as I took off. I then tried to fly from Sydney to Dallas and it crashed as soon as I took off again. I’m not sure what the problem is and it can be frustrating especially I can barely get 60fps on low settings.

1 Like

Please stay respectful and courteous towards the struggles that the developers face. Game development is a complex and challenging process, and even the smallest changes can cause unforeseen issues.

It’s important to remember that developers are working hard to address the crashes and other issues. They understand how frustrating it can be for users and are doing their best to find solutions. We should approach these issues with patience and understanding, rather than frustration and anger.

As a community, we can offer feedback and suggestions in a constructive way, which can help developers improve their products. By staying respectful and curious, we can work together to create better experiences for everyone.

1 Like

This is your problem. Sorry but you’re pushing your device too hard.
Even it have worked before, as hardware becomes older and the apps include new features etc… it won’t continue working forever.

2 Likes

but I managed to reduce the same as I put it on top, even reducing the graph it presents the problem it does not maintain it and this did not happen before

Yes, I respect that, I know that it is something delicate and that it is not easy to solve these problems. But it is very difficult to deal with the application like this, there are updates that improve other updates that make the problem worse, it seems to be something undefined.

1 Like

I understand the iPhone XR is old, but what about other reports on newer Apple devices? I’ve seen other users reporting the same on newer iphone or ipad.

They aren’t reporting close to the same thing you are. Very different issues :)

serious? or else I didn’t describe it correctly in the topic, most are talking about freezes and closures the same as I mentioned here or tell me what I’m thinking wrong.

This is what you said yourself.
Crashes are not the same as frame rate issues.

1 Like

this is also something that is happening so i reported it but both happened differently