Poor optimisation

Device: iPhone SE (2nd Gen I think)
Operating system: IOS 15.7
Recently, my brother was playing Infinite Flight on my mom’s phone, and he asked me what’s wrong with the game. In the provided images, you can see that the in-game HUD is completely glitched. It goes through the control buttons, and there is also a white line visible next to them. In the main menu, the “leaderboard” button was overlaid by the updates on the right. I also noticed that the sound wasn’t working, even though I have turned the phone’s volume to max and also in the game settings. I’m hoping this could get fixed in the next update. Thanks!

1 Like

That phone is 8 years old and the OS is 2 big updates out of date, not much they can do about that.

10 Likes

I’m pretty sure that the phone I’m talking about is from 2020. The iPhone SE models have 3 generations. And the one in context is the 2nd gen. So I doubt it’s outdated.

2 Likes

Might be good to specify

1 Like

Hi there, can you confirm the phone’s zoom settings are set to Default please.

2 Likes

Even so, the device’s screen is too small to render UI elements correctly. They’re designed to have the same size across devices and be resizable in accordance with the device’s screen zoom setting - so what you’re seeing is, essentially, by design and it’s due to the device’s small screen size.

1 Like

That’s why I said it should be optimised.

1 Like

I changed it to “standard” and the only thing that happens is the white line on the left goes away.

1 Like

Hello!

In regards to the sound - the device is most probably muted. Check the top left side mute switch.

In terms of UX sizing. It’s a known issue with these smaller devices but it’s not something we have on the priority list given the extremely low number of devices in use. I think I can count on the fingers of my left hand the number of complaints we’ve received regarding this. Not meaning to sound patronizing or anything like that - just saying it’s about putting in the number of hours for an issue that have very small to no impact for 99,9999% of our users.

4 Likes

In short get another phone

1 Like

Tanks for the sound issue, It was that. Oops!
But thanks for the info anyways. I guess it’s a thing that could get fixed later but can be sometimes annoying. Again, thanks for the info and I will close this topic!

1 Like

bro is elon musk’s son

1 Like