[Poll] Would you substitute accurate airports in favor of global flights?

Meaning, you could fly realistic flights (KJFK-KLAX) but many of the airports in between the regions would not be there.

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

1 Like

I think that would be first. Then, one my one, they’d add airports in between. So basically we start off with the airports already there. I think that might come out around late 2016 early 2017

1 Like

What aspect are you referring too with accurate airports. Currently, not every single airport is geologically accurate on the map in reference to there real life position on Earth. With that, there is a team of volunteers redesigning airports to make them look as realistic and identical as possible to the actual airfield or airport. With their newer software they’ve also been to reposition them in their proper geologic locations, but it has not been done. Because of the already set up team of volunteers working on “accurate airports” and the time in may take to finally develop global flight for Infinite Flight, I feel that regardless, accurate airports will come first. It wouldn’t come down to a decision in the first place. If it were to though, I would go accurate airports anyways, because of all the issues global flight will present with inaccurate airports.

3 Likes

This isn’t going to happen. The Aiport editing team is big. They Devs wouldn’t make less airports for global it does t make sense. Trust me I’m in the Airport editing team.

3 Likes

@Riley_Dunshea @Zachary_Meir_Tish: I mean that not all airports would be there, and if they were, they might not be the best. The airport editing team is large, but we all go at our own pace. Airport editing only actually handles the position of airports. If you are talking about the position of NAVAIDS and waypoints, you’ll want to talk to @DavidCutler.

As @Riley_Dunshea said. The airport editing team is very strict with how precise the airports look! Get an angle wrong of a taxi line and it won’t get accepted because we try to make the airports as precise as they can be! Hence why I joined :)

3 Likes

We get our airports from X-Plane. These our batch made, and quite poor quality. The editing team then remake these into nice airports. Our repo is already has all the global airports, and some have started remaking non-IF airports already. Though this is totally independant from any IF dev.

2 Likes

MaxSez: Why sacrifice anything! It appears FDS is on track to satisfy the valid demands within capability for our community. I trust them implicitly to seperate the wheat from the peanut chaff. .

4 Likes

As long as there is accurate terrain I am happy.

4 Likes

i would want to fly to Pittsburgh or Myrtle Beach.

Winnipeg.!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.