[POLL] Third Party Event ATC

Hello All,

Events are one of the main parts of the IFC, but there is a fine line between hosting an event on TS and having to deal with inexperienced pilots but having ATC and hosting it on ES but with no ATC. Or you may want to hold an Airshow, meaning you need to be on CS but you want ATC. What I would like to propose is a third party (not associated with or endorsed by IF LLC) system that allows ATC Communication to take place. It would either be through Verbal ATC on Discord or through Text ATC (Datalink) using a system made by me (with IPs logged). All controllers would be highly trained and tested and a ranking system would be in place.

Please fill out these few quick questions regarding your opinions on this

On a scale of 0 to 10, how would you rate this idea?

0 voters

If you were hosting an ES Event or CS Airshow, how likely would you be to use this?

• Definitely Not
  • Very Unlikely
  • Unlikely
  • Maybe
  • Likely
  • Very Likely
  • Certain

0 voters

If you were attending an event using this system, how likely would you be to use it?

• Definitely Not
  • Very Unlikely
  • Unlikely
  • Maybe
  • Likely
  • Very Likely
  • Certain

0 voters

Both Discord and Datalink will be available for most situations. Which would you be more likely to use?

• Discord (Verbal ATC)
  • Datalink (Text ATC)

0 voters

I sincerely apologize if this is not permitted per the IFVARB’s Policies.

3 Likes

I’ve see in the past that there were already groups of people who fly on Cacual and use Discord for verbal ATC.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.