[Poll] How Many of You Have Been in A Go-Around?

How many of you have been in a go-around?

• I Have! :)
  • I haven’t! :(

0 voters

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Go arounds are actually quite common. Well not in IFL though but in the real world, planes go around quite commonly. I know that because even though I am not a certified pilot, I know how to land a A321 or a 737 if I need to. Maybe also a 777 or a A330 maybe.

@parsa Have you been in a full motion simulator for both these aircraft?

Just under 450 flights and still not been in one yet - not that it is the kind of thing you wish for though.

1 Like

I’ve seen one but I was never in one.

In real life, not IF. That’s why it’s in #real-world-aviation

2 Likes

Landing in Greece took our pilot 3 attempts to land 3 go arounds in one flight, other than that never had another.

1 Like

1 Like

once at kmco the winds changed last second so we went around and came the other direction

Once in Denver because an aircraft (CRJ) didn’t exit the (16,000ft) runway in time. Don’t know how that possibly worked out but still makes me laugh thinking about it.

1 Like

On final I always quietly chant “go around, go around, go around” but it never happens.

8 Likes

2 Likes

Oh, I thought you mean’t IF ;/

No, I have been on about 8 flights, including Salzburg and Innsbruck landings, no go around.

Often times during peak hours, international flights are given priority and you will most likely be on a go around

I highly doubt you’ll be on final and then told to go around due to an international flight…

I’m not a pilot, but on all the flights I’ve been on I’ve experienced 2 go arounds. One of them was at VHHH in a CX 77W. The other one was at CYYC in an AC A320. The second was a touch and go…it was scary.

Went TOGA at 25ft on a SQ 772 once, most exciting feeling in the world as the plane just climbed like a homesick angel.

I was before when a plane was on the runway. I was in a Ryanair 737-800. Landing in Dublin.

I was never in a simulation. But after watching a two or three seasons of AIR CRASH INVESTIGATION, investigated MH370 and FlyDubai 981 and have asked a few pilots, I have sufficient knowledge of the basic instruments, V1 and rotation speeds, Autopilot, Engine fire extinguishers, fuel dumping, ILS approaches and a glimpse of auto-approach systems. Enough to land a flight in those movie-style situations.