[Poll] How long will your flights be? (Global Flight)

• Short Haul (Boston-New York)
  • Medium Haul (Boston-Miami)
  • Long Haul (Boston-Dubai)
  • Ultra Long Haul (Dubai-Auckland)

0 voters

Personally, I would do mainly short to medium haul flights and maybe the occasional long haul, but no ultra long haul flights.

20 Likes

I’d do a ULH for SIA ;)

4 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

2 Likes

Yes I do xD

3 Likes

I will probably have a nice mix of medium and long haul flights :)

7 Likes

I’ll only fly short haul flights and maybe on weekends or holidays I fly a medium haul flights.

4 Likes

How long do you fly from Boston - Miami ? :D

2 Likes

I’ll try the ultra long haul

2 Likes

A bit less than 3 hours if I can trust to Google.

1 Like

Maybe I’ll do a ULH when I am flying on one.

2 Likes

I’ve been on this flight. It’s about 2.5 hours

1 Like
  • 50-100nm
  • 100-200nm
  • 200-300nm
  • 300-500nm
  • 500-1000nm
  • 1000-1500nm
  • 1500-2000nm
  • 2000nm

0 voters

4 Likes

I am dying for global flight to fly KORD-KJFK

5 Likes

New York to Orlando is 2 hours and 30 minutes. Also, the distance is 823 nautical miles.

3 Likes

@nicochile2 I might end up on approach behind you when I fly KBUF-KJFK :)

2 Likes

My first flight will be Denver-Phoenix

4 Likes

I am also dying to fly KCLT-KJFK/KLGA

3 Likes

Just because I bought the New York región a while ago(1.5 years) and have never really usted it

1 Like

Is anyone else thinking of starting a long haul flight and heading off to do something else (ie go to school, work or even sleep) then get back to your device in time for decent? Of course it’d take a fair amount of planning so that you’re not crossing over airspaces where there’ll potentially be controllers trying to contact you, or that you’re confident the Plane can fly safely on autopilot for a given amount of time, but does anyone think it’s completely do-able?

5 Likes

It’s do-able for a long haul flight, but it’s a huge risk you’re taking. ATC may be trying to contact you and you won’t be able to respond to them. In the end, I believe that if you don’t have the time, don’t do a long haul flight. Tbh, I can see a lot of people doing long hauls in the beginning stages of global, but eventually, it will die down. For me, I will solely do short haul and medium haul flights, because they don’t take so long (1-3 hours). I will only do long hauls if I have a lot of free time, but again, I will only keep it under (8 hours). Some famous flight sim youtubers even say that they wouldn’t do long haul because it takes too long and there’s so much preparation to do for it.

In the end, long hauls can be done, but it’s not recommended to leave your device while you’re away somewhere.

6 Likes