POLL: Do You Prefer The Old or New HUD?

Hi Everyone 👋

I wanted to know something. Do you prefer the old or new HUD? I have left the poll below.

• New
  • Old

0 voters

What about the map?

• New
  • Old

0 voters

7 Likes

The map one is a no brainer, who would say no?

1 Like

New hud is more “Realistic” Procedure wise

3 Likes

Oops, I accidentally wrote yes or no instead of old or new. I’ll fix that.

Does “yes” mean I like the new hud or prefer the old one? Because I prefer the old one, but I think if I practice with the new one I can perfect it.
(Also same with the map)

I just changed it. ‘Yes’ meant new.

1 Like

I think the new HUD will be a little easier when we get used to it, but I like having the autopilot more accessible like it was before 19.4, I often use it until I’m just a few miles out and I need to be able to quickly disengage it. Also, I cut the throttle about 5 seconds before touchdown and having to press a few buttons to do that is a little tricky

3 Likes

Looks like it may not be that unanimous after all.

I personally feel it’s a bit crowed. I still voted the new one was better.

2 Likes

thanks! Now it’s way easier to understand.

Although the new map has states, Providences, borders, and even tiny islands like Tahiti for example, I think the old one is better. No clue why. The new one just feels weird for some reason…

1 Like

A bit off topic, but I think if/when a terrain map comes then it will be 100% better.

2 Likes

I agree with you there.

I changed my vote aswell. I agree with you. Just wanted to see what everyone else is saying.

1 Like

Both of which are better, here’s why:
As @Kyan_Perry said, the map is a no brainer. It looks so so SO much better than the old one, and there’s much more detail, including the altitude line thing (I forgot what it’s called). The only real downside is it’s slightly slower.

The new NAV and UI have received a little hate. This is understandable, since it’s a little more complicated. However, with enough practice and testing, it actually comes pretty easily. It takes a some getting used to, but it’s definitely worth it.

2 Likes

Well Said.

The New HUD was realistic. The old one was simplistic. (which was easier to follow). Just have to get used to it.

I feel if I presented this poll to people in grade 1 they would say the old was better. Or so I would guess.

I said “old” and I am grade 5

1 Like

The bottom interface is a little cramped too, I click on where the map icon used to be without even looking, but when nothing happens I have to tell myself that it’s moved over more. 😂

1 Like

Something else is that the map is quite crowded and runs quite slowly.