Political call signs

Are political related call signs allowed and appropriate on IF expert server? Seen a lot of trump ones recently, just wanted to know if it’s fine to have one that’s politically related?
Cheers guys

You can have any callsign you wish if it is appropriate, mature, etc. If a callsign like “TRUMP” offends you, I would just ignore it. I don’t believe it is breaking any guidelines. You can always contact a mod or staff if you have any issues with someone’s callsign (:

2 Likes

Is trump appropriate, mature? 😂
I’m not offended just a quick query, I could put a political figure that some are offended by so where is the line drawn is what I’m wondering basically

2 Likes

Saw someone called “impeach trump” at KPIT and I feel like weather you like it or not, it destracts from the sim, and IF is not a place for politics in my opinion, not a fan in general of this stuff in a flight sim.

4 Likes

I just seen one at KPIT but it wasn’t ghostable. Now if they are offensive, cussing and using symbolic words of hate, discrimination and such then we usually police that right away. I seen “impeach trump” as I was departing Pittsburgh.

4 Likes

I agree to be honest there shouldn’t be any politics involved here. What some may find perfectly fine will hurt others. It’s best if it wasn’t allowed in the first place. I’ll refrain from using any political figures to stay on the safe side!

2 Likes

That is the spirit! Now in real talk feel free to PM a Mod or Staff member is someone’s callsign bothers you. They would be more than happy to assist you

1 Like

I agree too. I won’t use those types of Callsign either. I’d rather have us all enjoy the app and use something more productive for a Callsign.

4 Likes

It just seems like a good way to get yourself in hot water too. I’d say stick to the airline ones, or come up with somthing creative, IF gives you some pretty awsome leway here, so lets use it for good!

1 Like

I saw him too and I agree, but that callsign wasn’t enough to be ghosted. Thanks for stopping by!

2 Likes

As long as the callsign isn’t offensive, a threat, or profanity.

5 Likes

There isn’t really a written rule regarding political callsigns. However, keep in mind if any of the traits that Darius mentioned are included in your political callsign, you will likely be asked to change callsign through an ATC announcement or be ghosted based upon the severity of the callsign.

Personally, I think its great that folks like to express their political affiliation. However, there are some platforms such as Infinite Flight where it’s simply not necessary. It’s only drawing unnecessary attention to yourself.

8 Likes

I think this was covered well. Shoot us a PM if there’s some concerning Callsigns and you see us online. Be safe everyone.

7 Likes