Please Use Proper Grammar!

Can you link me to Carson’s first post?

You are so mean. I don’t have time to scroll through all your posts.

No it is easy to find.

1 Like

This is a forum, not a school… as long as they get their point across clearly I really don’t care

1 Like

Maybe so, but we want some degree of professionalism:)

Would your first post be: [quote=“Carson, post:5, topic:623, full:true”]
I think that would take away from multi player and less people would buy live. I know people hate that live is not free, but if it was free than the developers wouldn’t have the resources to make amazing update like they do.
[/quote]

2 Likes

Oh my god. Was this my first post?! It’s kinda embarrassing.

3 Likes

Sum gr8 points hear ok thx bye.

/sarcasm :-)

I don’t disagree with the desire to use proper grammar, punctuation, full words, etc. But the art of communication is getting your point across, so if that’s being accomplished, great.

My unsolicited $0.02, couldn’t resist the first line.

4 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

4 Likes

I wonder if anyone will actually benefit from this thread and change their ways… a single thread can’t make people change the way they have typed here for their entire forum life… just saying. I agree with you personally though; people should be as grammatically correct as possible especially on a forum.

2 Likes

The most abundant errors are the sentences without punctuation, its hard too understand what does the person want.
Mistakes between “You´re/Your” is also common.
The only one that really gets on my nerves is how people misspell Caribbean, they write two Rs and one B.

1 Like

Don’t forget about the 3 Ts!

There

Their

They’re

2 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Ok, english isnt my first language. So sometimes its hard to use or know the right grammar/words…if you insist on correct grammar and stuff, i will start writing in my native language :

ผมไม่ได้ทำอะไรผิดมันเป็นการเข้าใจผิด

If you answer this…please use the right grammar …

If people post stuff and their english is quiet bad, iam happy if i get what them want to ask/tell/show…i really dont care about them have the right punctuation or whatsoever…
This is the only official help forum for IF…so if somebody isn’t lucky to have english as their mother tongue,better try help them with their issues…

Cheers

6 Likes

Mmmh, a new “grammar corrector” mod is needed in this case… :)

2 Likes

Proticol? He he…

Found this on your first topic :-)

2 Likes

I will share my shame :’(

Good idea!

1 Like

Y doez it evn matta•

We all hea 4 IF nt grammer lessins -.-

3 Likes

It took me like five minutes of staring to figure out what that said. Point proven