Please help, I am getting robbed

I need help here! The A346 is taking all the fuel I have and drinking it in unhealthy amounts… I am currently flying FRA-IAD and I already took more fuel than simbrief recommended and based my initial fuel amount on the amount I needed for the expected flight time according to IF. I then took 1,5 hours more of fuel as well due to the thirsty nature of the A346. But what I am experiencing now can only be described as a plane drinking expropriate amounts of fuel. I am now 2:30hrs from IAD and now the remaining fuel has decreased dramatically and I now only have fuel for the exact time I need for reaching the destination. Therefore I am desperately trying to avoid this robbery of fuel and I thought I might turn off one of the four engines. Would this actually decrease my fuel needed or would this not help because I would need more thrust? Are there any other ways how I can save fuel?

3 Likes

How fast were/are you flying?

Hey, I’d say descend to a lower altitude and see how that works out if not you may have to divert.

1 Like

.83M! I based it off of Virgin Atlantic’s A340-600 cruise speed irl

Well, that’s nothing unusual for a widebody. Strange…

I know the A340-600 has always been very thirsty due to its age and physics, but I took so much more fuel than simbrief recommended and it’s still drinking it like its apple juice

You are at 38000ft, try descend to FL300/320 or maybe FL280 and fly at cruise speed at M0.82

The A346 in IF isn’t really good at fuel efficieny. I’d suggest flying at a lower altitude or fly at M 0.82 if that helps or not.

1 Like

Alright, I will see if that helps. I just wanted to recreate the real flight and I actually don’t have any AOA but I will still try

2 Likes

A lower altitude will defo be the best option

1 Like

I think A346 is a bit like 747 I have to add hours and hours of extra fuel to have enough to go for a long-haul flight so maybe just take that same approach in that A340 too.

I also just noticed when I initiated my descent, that only a small reduction of maybe 15% power already gives me 2 hours of more flight time which seems odd. Maybe I can be saved during descent! But I am still descending to FL340 for now and I also decreased the speed to .81M for now

2 Likes

I knew that when I started because I once ran out of fuel over when flying from Munich to Mexico City and the fuel only lasted to Miami, but this time I purposefully took like 3 hours more of fuel and it’s still using up that fuel like crazy…

1 Like

When you level off though the power will increase again don’t forget

Yeah… I just hope that when I reach my TOD and it says like 20 minutes left and I then start my descent that it will go up to 1 hour hopefully

1 Like

Ah okay, yeah I think I usually take about extra few hours for 4 engines aircraft just incase

1 Like

Vllt kleiner Tank Stopp für dich 🙃

Just kidding … what is your ETE Destination and Fuel Remaining ?

Yeah hope so.

2 hours 20 minutes ETE and now 2:40hrs of fuel but only because I am currently descending to a lower cruising altitude. Before that, I had 2:25hrs ETE and 2:20hrs of fuel

1 Like

Don’t worry … during the descent your Fuel Burn will decrease. :)

2 Likes