'Please follow instructions' on TS

Good afternoon,

I’ve been playing for now quite a long time on the expert server, and have once faced a ‘Please follow instructions’ by an IFATC. It was totally my fault, but that’s not the point.

I was wondering if there was such message for ATCs on the training server, because I haven’t been able to find it, although I wouldn’t understand why it couldn’t be on the training server.

Appreciate your help,
Ryan

3 Likes

Nope, because you can’t report them. Even if it was there, it would basically do nothing as the pilot would know they won’t face any consequences.

1 Like

Training server is well the training server… Pilot’s are… well learning.

3 Likes

Well, that’s a shame because this command would suit very well the TS, as it could indicate people that they’re not following the instructions properly, even if they might know that they can’t face anything. (By the way I know that you’re not a staff member and can’t do anything about it, I was just saying)

And isn’t it really possible to report them? I thought that you could still take a screenshot and PM the moderators if you had the faith to do it.

No, there isn’t. I believe there used to be but it was removed as it was being abused; the only way to have access to that command is to become IFATC and control on the expert server.

If you’re on radar however, you still have access to, ‘disregard flight plan, please follow ATC instructions’, which is almost as good.

1 Like

You could do that if they’re trolling

1 Like

Yes, saw that on radar frequencies, and believe me or not, the instruction works as people realize they’re not acting the right way and oftentimes correct themselves.

1 Like

Only if they’re trolling?

Yes

1 Like

Unfortunately, that is the case. Being ATC on TS is accessible to everyone Grade 2 or over, so anyone who has access to training server can also be an ATC controller.

So, if there is an non-experienced controller, you can’t really be expected to follow the instructions, not saying you’re not experienced, but lots are on TS and that’s why it’s made that way.

An example of a time to report is if someones taxiing through planes, spamming ATC frequency, blocking the runway, etc.

1 Like

I see, well, thanks for the explanation and for helping!

1 Like

No problem, have a great day :)

1 Like

There are two kinds of pilots on TS: the striving-for-expert and the I-don’t-care. Almost everyone on training who is active on the IFC is the former. The latter, there is almost no way to get back to them. They either have ‘frozen’ inactive accounts that they don’t link, or they might not have one at all. So I perfectly understand your frustration, the same happens with me. So after every tracking thread controlling session, I may give the pilots personal feedback. However, I really hope there is no chance for them to succeed on ES if they keep trolling like that. Still, controllers on training vary a lot in quality. We are the serious, aiming-for-IFATC ones. The others, I have had really bad experiences with them. They don’t know what they are doing. Therefore, while a please follow instructions command may work for us, those bad controllers might end up abusing the command. So yes, there is no way to report them in-game. You really don’t know who is at the tower. At the end of the day, the people aiming for expert will see success, while the trollers and unprofessional controllers will stay in TS. It is what it sounds like: a training server. For pilots to train for expert. It is not supposed to be an ultimate goal. Those who don’t fly properly, even if they meet the G3 requirements, they will soon be back on training because of their unprofessionalism.
Therefore, keep trying, and aim for Expert!
Happy flying/controlling.

Quick answer, it’s the Training Server. It’s for training the pilots, getting them used to the procedures and what is to expect when you get to Expert Server. Although there maybe a few trolls in it most of the time the people there are training. So if someone missed out on a command issued by ATC because they weren’t sure what it means then it’s not really there fault is it? So by issuing a “Please follow instructions” command is not really fair. To put this into an example, say you made a mistake in your maths test because you weren’t sure what to do. It’s not your fault that you were confused, and it wouldn’t feel good if your teacher told you off for not paying attention when you were simply confused. This situation is the same as the one in training server. Hope this makes sense and answers your question!

i remember there used to be but they removed it which is just stupid

If they have IFC username, you could PM them and ask them why, but it is the Training Server like @Collins4486 said.

1 Like

I get you, but after a math test you get the correction, whereas on the TS if you can’t tell someone that they did something wrong (mainly when IFC names are not displayed), there’s no other way way this person can know they were wrong.

1 Like

But there is Please Follow I trust ions or Disregard flight plan.