Please don't take off next to KATL or KMIA

Sorry, You won’t get in, too busy for local traffic today. Please know that we mean no disrespect.

15 Likes

Is KMCO still open for traffic or is that closed as well? Thanks for the heads up!

Mco is open right now, the traffic had been mostly light but if you see a lot of aircraft there I wouldn’t try.

1 Like

Learned this the hard way once.

2 Likes

If you came from Miami, and currently en-route would you be denied?

This is for people that take off from airports next to either KMIA or KATL, not going between the two. You should be fine flying from one to the other as there is quite a distance between them.

1 Like

An example would be: KFLL - KMIA. I would assume that is not allowed to do due to the very close proximity of these two airports.

3 Likes

You are correct, if you want in, use an airport greater than 25nm and you will get vectored in. Honestly our real issue is those that are taking off from airports that are sitting inside or just out of the airspace.

Example try to say away from takeoffs from airports in the circle with the destination of those two airports

4 Likes

Just in case anyone is wondering, Adam is happy sometimes 😂🤭

14 Likes

REALLY
Misha^

8 Likes

I still can’t believe people takeoff from airports in or near the ATC controlled airspace. The joy of flying is taking off at let’s say KMCO and being directed into KMIA. That joy doesn’t exist when one takes off from day KFLL.

5 Likes

I’m sure they’ll start ghosting people for that. 👻 👻

3 Likes

NOT !! Fake news

6 Likes

I sure hope so. It can interfere with the approach of people landing.

Retweet.

I guess these guys still miss having regions when doing something like this was the norm. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.