Planning for the flights of global

Since we know that we are having 14 hour flights. This is my plan.

Where do I start ??

Okay… on a Friday night. I will start a flight at 4pm. This is a 14 hour flight. I will montitor the flight and enjoy the sunset views then I will fall asleep around 11 pm engaging the trusty LNAV. Wake up 4-5 hours later (as flight crews do in a long haul flight) ((I think)) then pray fajr around 2-5Am depending on the time of year

If it’s 2Am then I will fall asleep a bit earlier. If it’s at 5Am I will fall asleep but later.

After pray then monitor and enjoy the morning views of LAX. And stay awake until 8am.

Both sleep and playing are equal.

For my PIA flight from Manchester to Pakistan ISB I will start at 11Am and simply enjoy family time along with flying. Only planned 2 routes so far.

Can’t wait!!!

2 Likes

Maybe post it here:

I don’t know.

4 Likes

Like I’ve said before how do people have time to do a 14 hour flight… I’ve never been on a real flight that long

15 Likes

Oh I didn’t see that. :(

1 Like

Sir. I have no time at all during the week hence why I am doing these flights only on week that being in the night. I guess we will have to make time. :)

1 Like

First off, that period should be a comma, secondly, why would anyone want to do a 14 hour flight, if you can call it that. I do not want to see a topic on the forum everytime someone attempts a 10 hour flight, or why their phone crashed halfway through. Also, don’t say you flew for 14 hours. You are only flying for 20 min max. Takeoff and landing. The rest is of the work is done by the autopilot. Congrats, you can press a button to fly your phone for you.

I can never grasp the concept of long haul flights in a sim. You’re missing the views because you’re sleeping, you’re ruining the life of your device, and you’re not having fun. Spend 30 min doing touch and goes and you’ll have 20 times more fun, it’s a scientifically proven fact, don’t ask me how. So, enjoy your 20 min flight, because that’s what it is. Peace out Drops mic

15 Likes

Also never understood the omg GLOBALLALLALALA that happens pretty much every day on this forum

6 Likes

Ikr, so much hype. Give it a rest people

6 Likes

10 Minutes of real flying,

13 hours of auto pilot

8 Likes

We’ve said it multiple times before: Just because global is released does not mean you have to do 12+ hour flights!

Also if we find someone in our airspace who is not responding, keep in mind you will get ghosted. Your plan will not work if you intend on flying in Expert, especially if Oceanic is added for ATC.

10 Likes

Remember, It’s not good to stare your device screen only because of Global, It also means you will have less sleeping quality. And it will make your device become really hot.

And take a note that if you are flying under LNAV and a Center Frequency tries to contact you and have no answers from you, They may ghost you if you are in Expert as it may interrupt the traffic flow. I would suggest to do short until medium flights (No more than 4 hours) instead doing 10+ hours while you can’t enjoy the true meaning of Global.

3 Likes

I don’t agree with you it will be quite cool to manage fuel during the flight and changing course to avoid weather and wind also i think it will be quite satisfying knowing that you guided the flight from point a to b making key choices the impact time or arrival.

4 Likes

The hype has a reason the ability to fly to anywhere in the world and for the first time, being able to fly in new Zealand (my nation). Fuel Burn, Engine on and off, new terrain rendering for the first time being able to do much longer flights then currently.

2 Likes

Being extremely hyped and spamming the forum won’t make the release date come quicker so just wait patiently! I don’t care about global don’t mind regions if I’m honest but yes the other features will be good, after a few weeks though the hype will be gone as usual after every update.

5 Likes

Congratulations, you successfully hit the autopilot switch and are able to perform a controlled landing.

5 Likes

And I too want these extra features, and global, just don’t understand why anyone would submit themselves to that torture

3 Likes

I agree that’s what it would be like without fuel and weather but these add more things you have to manage the flight.

1 Like

If you’re going to try and blast someone with a roast, you should check your own grammar first.

Replace the comma in the second clause of your first sentence with a semicolon. In addition, separate everytime into two words to ensure that the first part correctly identifies with and describes the second. Thirdly, the first sentence of your second paragraph needs to be modified into the present tense in order to agree with the argument you’re presenting in the here and now. Include the plural tense of the word minute, since you are referring to more than one as your post winds on.

When stating scientifically proven facts, be sure to cite them correctly at the bottom of the post with the appropriate article(s) in question, or else a professor exercising MLA rules will conclude it as plagiarism or a fake paper intended to validate your statement. Also, don’t forget to add a period after the word out and remove the short verb runoff you have hanging at the end of your rant. I can keep going, but you get my point.

This guy is exercising a viewpoint on how he wants to handle flying for fourteen hours when global comes out. Perhaps he wants to do it for the sake of it, not necessarily because he feels an obligation to do so. While some methods of occupying the time in between is questionable and may end up in getting him ghosted, it is still a suggestion, nonetheless. It may be a prudent idea to include a notification mechanism available from a phone when ATC contacts a pilot doing this type of endeavor, making it possible to dash back to the iPad or whatnot fairly quickly and taking care of business.

20 Likes

I prefer Chicago when citating statements.

1 Like

Must have ironically spelt ‘English Lesson’ wrong in the title of this thread…

1 Like