Planning a route to/from the country of India using Wikipedia? See this before you decide one!

Hello everyone!

Most of you might not know, but the Indian Government has imposed an international travel ban till the end of March 2021. This means, there will be no scheduled international flights scheduled between the airports of India till that date, except the Vande Bharat flights as repatriation flights, which take place between select countries and airlines.

Due to this travel restriction, the Wikipedia editors responsible for editing the pages of Indian airports had removed all (or some) international airlines and destinations from some major Indian airports and also some domestic routes operated by domestic airlines which are still operational even today! So to truly know what routes the airport you are looking to fly to/from offers, I have decided to share with you the screenshots of the airlines and destinations (from Wikipedia) that used to operate from a particular Indian airport.

The database or table has been taken from the airports’ Wikipedia page from 20th March 2020 ( just a few days before the Indian lockdown). The purpose of this topic is to provide the community with the actual or true routes to/from an airport. Old Wikipedia pages are generally inaccessible by users due to the lack of knowledge on how to do so.

Notes and remarks:

• Some airlines in the table do not have a livery in Infinite Flight.
  • A few destinations/routes were announced by airlines during or post-Indian lockdown (mostly by cargo and domestic airlines).
  • I am not entirely sure whether any airline has decided to terminate the route to/from the mentioned airport. You can find that out by doing some research online :)

Kempegowda International Airport, Bengaluru (VOBL/BLR)

Post Lockdown:

BLR POST-LOCKDOWN SCHEDULE

Pre Lockdown:

BLR PRE-LOCKDOWN SCHEDULE

Rajiv Gandhi International Airport, Hyderabad (VOHS/HYD)

Post Lockdown:

HYD POST LOCKDOWN SCHEDULE

Pre Lockdown:

HYD PRE LOCKDOWN SCHEDULE

Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose International Airport, Kolkata (VECC/CCU)

Post Lockdown:

CCU PRE LOCKDOWN SCHEDULE

Pre Lockdown:

CCU POST LOCKDOWN SCHEDULE

Jaipur International Airport, Jaipur (VIJP/JAI)

Post Lockdown:

JAI POST LOCKDOWN SCHEDULE

Pre Lockdown:

JAI POST LOCKDOWN SCHEDULE

Chennai International Airport, Chennai (VOMM/MAA)

Post Lockdown:

MAA-POST LOCKDOWN SCHEDULE

Pre Lockdown (Passengers and Cargo Separately):

MAA PRE-LOCKDOWN SCHEDULE (CARGO)

MAA PRE-LOCKDOWN SCHEDULE(PAX)

Lucknow International Airport (VILK/LKO)

Post Lockdown:

LKO POST LOCKDOWN SCHEDULE

Pre Lockdown:

LKO PRE-LOCKDOWN SCHEDULE

Cochin International Airport (VOCI/COK)

Post Lockdown:

COK POST LOCKDOWN SCHEDULE

Pre Lockdown:

COK PRE LOCKDOWN SCHEDULE

Some routes/destinations are not present in either of the tables. These routes/destinations can only be found by looking at the arrivals/departures tab of the airport on FlightRadar24.

Topic made by @hari.shreyas

Thank you and safe flights! Planning a route to/from the country of India using Wikipedia? See this before you decide one!

12 Likes

Why the flag?

1 Like

I did not, not sure :(

1 Like

Nice read, I wonder why it got flagged

1 Like

System got you. Don’t worry I’ll restore it

3 Likes

Drummer to the rescue!
Thanks mate :D

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.