Planespotting with a new friend! (KATL)

Hello IFC! Today was the final day of the Airliners International Show 2019 in Atlanta! This year was incredible! I even met some people who work for Gemini Jets! I got to take an up close look at the brand new 1:400 terminal! It’s awesome! While talking to them for about 30 minutes, I asked about upcoming models! I can’t say a ton, but if you are a fan of the 1:400 models, the new United livery, and Southwest special schemes, you may like the upcoming future with GJ’s! Now onto the planespotting! As some of you know, the Renaissance Hotel on the edge of the 26’s has a restaurant that I spot at a lot! Whilst spotting, I made a new friend. We are the same age, and are in the same grade. He however lives in Grand Rapids, but we have already texted for seven hours today so I think this long term friendship will work! We spotted at the restaurant for two hours together and then I went to a hotel right under the 26R ILS Approach.

’Spirit of Atlanta’ 777-2LR
Pushing out of maintenance, the special sticker 777 gets ready to depart for Paris!

Retro Spirit A320
This photo is not perfectly centered cause, well, the plane is moving. This plane went on to DFW.

Delta SkyTeam 737
This super cool livery departs for Denver

Boutique Air Pilatus PC12
Though this photo is a bit blurry, this rare catch is about to land from Muscle Shoals.

Delta CRJ-900
This photo was taken from my new hotel spot. The plane was arriving from Appleton, which is where I will be flying into Oshkosh this year!

Southwest 737-7H4
Also from the new spot, this plane is inbound from Baltimore!

Dassault Falcon
Or at least I believe! This cool plane taxied right in front of this window!

Delta A320
This unique shot also features the Porsche Center of Atlanta!

American A321 and the Regionals
An American A321 gets maintenance while the regionals and a 747 sit behind!

One More SkyTeam Shot
Though it’s a bit blurry, this shot shows the plane with the International Terminal behind!

So what do you think of these photos?

• These deserve an award
  • I LOVE THESE
  • These are good
  • Okay I guess
  • Could use some work
  • Yeah no
  • Awful
  • EW GROSS

0 voters

25 Likes

Sounds like a really great time you had there in Atlanta!

1 Like

Yes, I did! It was great! Made a new friend, went spotting, and got some retro Delta things, luggage tags, and a DC-9 model! The show is in Phoenix next year with tours of the boneyard if your interested!!

3 Likes

I love the Spirit Airlines

1 Like

Thank you! I do too! The old livery is personally nicer imo

1 Like

I like Spirit Airlines livery’s

1 Like

Especially the Dumbo Livery if you ever saw that

1 Like

Sadly no, I was always busy when it was here, and it has been repainted now

1 Like

unfortunately, that’s wrong. N648QS is actually a Cessna 560XL (owned by NetJets)

1 Like

Great pics! They deserve an award! 😁👍🏻😃

1 Like

Wish it was me you met :(

Anyways amazing pictures Jackson! I love #1.

2 Likes

While, I consider you my best online friend, we just need to meet up irl next!

1 Like

Wow, that Southwest B737 would have been perfect if the camera focused a bit more… Anyways, great job!

1 Like

Thank you! Yeah the car was moving slowly so I tried to focus it a bit late!

2 Likes

Great photos Jackson!

1 Like

Thank you Sasha!

1 Like

Love the Sky Team Delta livery

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

You’re welcome

1 Like