Planespotting at Sydney Airport [UPDATE]

Here a few photos around Sydney airport. This was my first time so they’re not the best, and there aren’t many because I didn’t spend much time at the airport either.
Please feel free to comment below and teach me to take better pictures, and tell me where I went wrong

:D

22 Likes

Did you use a camera?

1 Like

Yes I did.

1 Like

I like the jetstar takeoff with the Qantas 737 taxing

1 Like

How else would he have gotten the photos? Of course he used some kind of camera…

7 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

Which airport is that?

Skiathos airport, LGSK/JSI :)

Nice photos from Syney btw

2 Likes

He could of used a phone. I mean’t like a proper camera

1 Like

Still… Doesn’t a phone have a camera? ;)

No worries, kind of understood you meant that.

1 Like

Nice pics!

1 Like

I have been going to the place in pictures 3,4,5 and 6 ever since I was 2. I still do. My family and I would sit there for hours and watch planes take off and land. One reason I love that spot is because of the bunch of trees on the left. Every single time I hear the engines roar behind the trees, it gives me goosebumps not knowing what aircraft would pop out from there. Especially the 747s.

1 Like

In the last picture you might have been able to go right up to the fence…

1 Like

Someday… I will make it to the legendary beach spotting location of SYD and get all thise exotic Far Eastern and Australian airlines…

Need a bit longer range lens for the SYD beach spot but otherwise, good work.

Don’t be afraid to go up to the fence for that ANA 787 though 😀

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

I was actually in a car about to leave when I took that picture… 😂

1 Like

I want to go back and go right up on the beach with my longer lense as well and spend a few hours there taking photos :)

At Sydney Intl I recommend plane spotting near the tower, especially when runway 34R/L is active!

http://www.sydneyairport.com.au/corporate/community-environment-and-planning/community/aviation-enthusiasts.aspx (Look for Shep’s Hill)

1 Like

16R and 16L were active yesterday when I went. But I’ll keep that for future references:)

Airport values our local plane spotting community and their enthusiasm for the airport and its activities.

Never though I’d hear an airport say that

1 Like