Planespotting at ARN and CPH

Here are some spotting photos from both Copenhagen Kastrup Airport (CPH/EKCH) and Stockholm Arlanda Airport (ARN/ESSA). There are captions below every photo. Here goes.

Here is a SAS A320 (OY-KAM), it has just arrived from an early morning flight and is taxiing to stand. I was not able to get a faster shutter speed with lower ISO so I tried experimenting with the shutter speed and got this nice panning effect. The photo turned rather sharp for a shutter speed of 1/6 of a second.

Next up is another SAS A320 (this time OY-KAR) departing as a morning flight, off to Frankfurt IIRC.

Here is a photo from my spotting trip to Stockholm Arlanda early this year. Here we can see LN-RRJ as a B738 and the pilot waving his arm. He was nice enough to gives this great composition! :)

SAS A330-300 (LN-RKT) arriving from an intercontinental destination. It was very foggy at the day so I have had to dehaze the photos from Arlanda quite drastically.

Next up is an airport β€œvehicle”. This guy is basically putting a liquid on the taxiways which prevents them from being slippery. The liquid being used is formic acid.

Qatar B788 arriving from Doha on a noon flight. We actually had a passenger wave his hand to us but did not manage to get a good picture of it. Got to hate motion blur.

One of the last few pictures is a Scandinavian Airlines A330-300, also arriving from an intercontinental destination. EWR IIRC.

Last but not least are one of SAS leased ATRs. This one comes from Flyby and is not so old, maximum 2-3 years.

Yes, I did manage to get a lot of other aircraft. I could upload those pictures as well but I choose some good ones just for this post. Who knows, other ones might be coming soon ;).

29 Likes

Great photos! I really like that truck that wants to be a plane!

2 Likes

Thank you! Yea, it was a pleasant surprise when the little truck came past us.

2 Likes

Fantastic pictures! What camera do you use?

1 Like

Thanks a lot Kevin, much appreciated. I use the Canon EOS 60D, though I must point out that the lens is a big part of the image as well, almost as big as the photographer in charge of the camera. For the reference, I am using the Tamron 70-300 lens along with the body I specified. :)

3 Likes

Amazing pictures Samuel, keep it up! :D

1 Like

Thanks Adrien, much appreciated!

I have to get to Zurich again, it was a great visit there lately although I really want to get to landside so that I can try the spotter deck. So far I have only been inside ;)

1 Like

The irony.

Great photos. I love the silhouette one!

1 Like

Wow, these are some amazing pictures. Good job!

1 Like

That Qatar 787 😍😍
Also that A330 😍😍
Also everything else 😍😍

Nice shots! I really like the ATR-72!

The first photo looks exactly like infinite flight ;)

Great photos!
Going to CPH friday.

Jetspeed100

Last photo and the truck photo are my personal favourites. 😜

Thanks a lot!

Thanks!

Thanks Andre! Yea, CPH is great for spotting. ;)

I didn’t think anyone would like the truckphoto but I just threw it in as I though it was a bit cool. ;)

3 Likes

Nice photos! I love CPH! Do you live in Copenhagen?

Awesome and lovely pictures Samuel! I like your shotting angle 😍

SAS livery always look great on any aircrafts 😍. I’m also speechless when I saw that Qatar 788 😍😍

Beautiful photos, Samuel (My full name is Samuel too!) I love the SAS livery. It looks great on all their fleet. Especially their retired MD-80!

1 Like

Let me know when you’ll come next time in PM. :)

Thank you! I live near Gothenburg so kind of close. ;)

Thanks!

Thanks, Samuel! :)

Of course I will. ;)

3 Likes