Planes veers off runway

Whenever I take off, no matter what plane, what the wind conditions are, and how much rudder I use, the plane takes off crooked and veers off the runway. I’ve tried everything. Auto coordination is off, even when I put autopilot on for the heading it veers off as well. I’m assuming it must be something I’m doing, so here’s a video link of a take off. What am I doing wrong? https://youtu.be/1njwRwyIqL4

1 Like

Welcome to the community my friend!

Make sure to use the rudder!

The rudder stabilizes the aircraft when it’s on the ground, and ensures that the aircraft stays on centerline during takeoff and landing.

I have noticed in your video that you are only single-swiping the rudder. Make sure to hold the rudder to stay on the centerline.

3 Likes

Use more rudder and put it to the right not left :D (in this case)

3 Likes

I have looked into the video, and it may appear that you will have to pull up a little more higher and use the rudder as others mentioned above.

1 Like

Just curious, should you also be putting the engines at one hundred percent (100%) each by putting the power at at ninty five percent (95%) (in this case).

2 Likes

I usually power my engines to 80% or more with thrust. Powering an aircraft at 95-100% thrust will result to the aircraft over speeding before reaching 10,000ft.

2 Likes

Well, at maximum engines should go to 85%.

1 Like

Oh alright, thanks for the clarification.

1 Like

It depends on my weight how much thrust i will use for example i used nearly 90% thrust while departing Boston in a heavy aircraft on a short enough runway and i would use 75%-80% thrust on a short haul aircraft depending on weight and flap setting but your question is not about how much thrust and all that so i will leave it here

3 Likes

Check out @Lufthansa061’s tutorial. It is very helpful.

Cheers!

Crosswind Take Offs and Landings

1 Like

Autopilot moves the ailerons and elevator for you, not the rudder. You are going to have to do some manual work with that.

Also make sure your calibrated if you not using a joystick or controller, because once you moving at high speed, any tiny movement can through the plane off course

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.