Planes landing on runway blocked by another plane

Happy Sunday! Here’s a cool video I thought I’d share. When turning onto runway 10 for takeoff at SXM, an American Airlines 757-200 encountered a hydraulics problem, the nose wheel got stuck locked into place while the plane was on the runway. However, that wasn’t enough to stop these flexible Cessnas.

12 Likes

I have to say they reinacted a TS1 scene very well!!

22 Likes

When the Cessna landed there wasn’t much runway left. It would have been safer to do a go around. Nevertheless brilliant pilot skills.

3 Likes

It’s 4:13 AM here and you just made me LOL

3 Likes

Those Cessnas don’t need a lot of runway to land. Towards the end of the first clip you can see it exiting the runway shortly after landing.

5 Likes

KNUC has been missed greatly…

10 Likes

Heard about this incident recently, but I didn’t realise aircraft were still able to land. That would be a fun manoeuvre to pull off ;)

1 Like

So true i can see the resemblance of TS1

2 Likes

And that’s why I love GA…

Nah ! TS1 “pilots” would just land over it. LoL

2 Likes

I saw the video of the 757 on YouTube, but I DID NOT see that Cessna coming.

more like in it
Wait a sec…

This sounds an awful lot like me…

1 Like

It’s a 10,000 foot runway and the GAs are supposed to exit before the turnaround, worst case the Cessna just had to back taxi.

Disagree.

TS1 Cessna would fly straight into the Boeing 757,

not expertly go around it.

6 Likes

Apparently runway incursions don’t mean anything at TNCM… At least the Cessna can land on a short bit of runway.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.