Plane starting way too slow on short final

Hello,

idk if anyone else is having this problem but any time I spawn on short final it spawns me around 100kts, in a 787… wayyy too slow, I tried with other planes and had similar results, any suggestions to fix this issue?

1 Like

I experienced this before, and way before 21.1.

This may be due to the airport elevation. In that case, since MMMX is 7,300ft, then you’ll spawn at that speed. More higher the ALT, more slower the IAS speed :)

I may be wrong, so please correct me if that case happens

1 Like

Selecting the short final option has put you at super slow speeds for as long as I can remember. It has nothing to do with the airport, elevation, etc. It’s just something you have to expect and as soon as you spawn in, know to increase your throttle via the A/P SPD setting or manually after you disengage SPD.

4 Likes

Try adjusting your weight of your aircraft (3 bars (the pause menu) → weight & balance button → change weight of aircraft). Sometimes, your aircraft by default will be set to around 60-70% weight, when the actual landing weight should be around 45-60%. This can result in immediate stalls, or it is just that you have not calibrated your device (makes it harder to control the aircraft and could result in speed increase/decrease depending on the pitch).

There could be other issues I am not aware of, however, since 2015 when I joined Infinite Flight, I have not noticed any new issues regarding this specific topic. If you have any questions feel free to PM me or @ me here (if this topic gets closed PM me but if not, just @ me here) I will be more than happy to answer any of your questions - to the best of my knowledge.

Also, on a side note, tailwind landings can result in you having to land faster. If you look it up on Google it can tell you more about the concept. I would link it and explain it to you, however, I am really tired after a long day and want to go to sleep haha - I think you can just look it up on Google.

I hope I helped, and as always, if you have any questions, just shoot me a PM. Have a nice night.

-@AviatorMan

2 Likes

I was making the plane as light as possible, the plane just wasnt spawning at adequate speed

Did you tried on lowering the temperature? I actually did that and it works for me :)

I would not turn it to the minimum weight, however only regulate the fuel. On a real flight, you can’t just jettison people or cargo. However, you can with fuel on most aircraft. When landing, most aircraft have burned off significant amount of fuel from the flight, usually resulting in about one hour of fuel left. The passengers and cargo do not need to be adjusted - those can be at your discretion. However, the fuel should not be at 9 hours when you are on short final.

I have found that spawning on final the thrust will be somewhat that of your last flight. So you may have to quickly increase thrust if you are too slow. If you exit with the thrust where you want it and respawn it might be better.

This is something we are looking into after 21.3. Sorry for the inconvenience in the meantime

6 Likes

Yes, I have done that before. However, it is inconsistent for me and sometimes works, or does not work - it is a good suggestion though! I could not think of a better one to use for now, until the 21.4 update.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.