Plane spotting at LAX

Hey everybody,
I’m gonna try be plane spotting soon at LAX and I’m wondering where I should plane spot near LAX, and which runways are currently being more used. Thanks

1 Like

Hi Juan!

There are many locations that fit every spotter’s need around LAX. Youcan find some of the top locations on this website!

2 Likes

Hey Juan! Highly suggest to spot at Imperial Hill/Jim Clutter Park near the 25 runways. Most of the time the 24 and 25 runways are used.

2 Likes

Hey! I recommend going to the In N Out, there’s a grass field there and you get all the 24R arrivals. There are lots of heavies than land on them! :)

But if you prefer cargo ops, the 25s are the way to go

1 Like

Do you have a camera?

Yeah the In N Out is amazing for spotting

(source me last year)

2 Likes

The In-N-Out is your best bet, parking is mostly free and you get burgers while you’re at it.

In fact, I’ll be there this weekend (if @infiniteflight_17 will be there) if you want to hang out.

1 Like

Yeah I have a Nikon with a 50-200 m

What’s currently the buesiest runway at lax?

South side because of cargo, I would assume. It was definitely busier when I was there.

1 Like

Which side would have more heavies?

South side, probably. Don’t take my word for it, I don’t live in LA.

1 Like

Bigger aircraft like the A380 are most likely to takeoff from 24L but the 25R/L runways get lots of heavies. They both get their good fair share in amounts of heavies. Your bound no matter where you go to see some heavies.

Clutter Park is where its at! (Local to LA here) Park on a side street if the area is packed.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.