Plane spotting at EDDF (part 1)

Yesterday (Sunday, 5th January) I was plane spotting at EDDF. The weather wasn’t the best. But a wet runway and low clouds give better pics ;).

The first heavy which was coming in was a Turkish Airlines Airbus A330-300

My second pic is a Lufthansa Boeing B744 with wind towing on its wings.

The next pic is a Triple Seven freighter rushing out of the clouds

Lufthansa Airbus A380 with the new livery

China Eastern Airbus A350XWB with beacon lights

Kuwait Airways Airbus A330 on final Runway 25L

Lufthansa Boeing 747-400 with new livery giving full power for takeoff on Runway 25C

Etihad Airways Boeing 787-9 with ADNOC-choose Saudi Arabia livery and beacon.

Qatar Airways Airbus A380 touching down Runway 25L. For everyone who don’t know, the A380 isn’t allowed to land on Runway 25R/07L at Frankfurt.

United Airlines Boeing 787-10 taking off for its flight to KEWR.

I hope you enjoyed the first part of my EDDF plane spotting pics.

18 Likes

I love that Turkish is one of the only (if not the only) European carriers to send their heavies on short haul routes!

3 Likes

Definitely one of.
British Airways flies 777s to Madrid, Iberia flies A340s and all that jazz to London

3 Likes

Yes. When I remember correct they are coming twice a day to Frankfurt with the A330

Thanks! I don’t know as much about European aviation as North American 😂

2 Likes

Amazing pictures! I flew the 744 into Frankfurt in November, and the weather was terrible, and I actually didn’t realize we were so close to the ground until we had touched down, because you couldn’t see anything!

1 Like

Yeah. The sometimes the clouds are really low here

1 Like

Looks like there’s quite a few more airlines doing that, even airlines from other continents have fifth-freedom on short-haul European.

Looks like Turkish has the most with 15 EU destinations from IST on widebodies

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.