Plane not following flight plan halfway through the flight

I just learned how to set up a flight plan. So I set up a flight plan for a very short flight from JFK to LaGuardia(KLGA). My flight plan looks like the following:

The route is: KJFK - HULEP - CFBNW - JONAT - MAYMA - HAIRR - HOPEA - JEDNO - WARIN - RW22 - KLGA

However, halfway between HOPEA and JEDNO, the plane(A320) starts heading in a completely different direction. What’s causing this? Is it because of some mistake I did while setting up the flight plan? I tried activating different legs of the flight plan to no avail.

You we’re probably going too fast for the turn, your speed should be like 140 right there

3 Likes

What your plane was doing was instead of making a 90 degree turn it did an early turn to get onto tot flight plan for Arrival in LGA
I recommend not making it so sharp and smoothing it out a little with different waypoints

Edit: as well as Benji said you are going 315kts on that sharp turn slow it way down to like 140 kts for landing

1 Like

Thanks for replying. I’ll try slowing down and making smoother turns :)

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.