Plane Had To Be Towed Off Runway At MSP

A few days ago, when I was returning from Boston, our pilot announced that we’d have to circle for a while, because there was a plane that had to be towed off, as it had malfunctioned in some way.
After looking this incident up, I have not been able to find any information on it. Was anyone else delayed by this incident? Or does anyone know what the issue could’ve been?
Thanks

2 Likes

What airplane and airport was it? Seems a bit weird…

A few days ago is just too helpful for us to search

5 Likes

Airport is Minnesota St. Paul (KMSP)

It frequents smaller aircraft, CRJs and 73s, A320, etc.

Around what time did this happen? As most flights then to follow around the same departure and landing times.

About 6 in the evening

1 Like

Did you ever see the aircraft on the runway? Like could you make out what airline

1 Like

No, we were just circling for about an hour

1 Like

Okay, I’ll start looking.

1 Like

Btw, it was on Tuesday night

1 Like

I’m sure @Maxmustang will have some info on it. Just PM him with the info you have.

1 Like

I can’t seem to find anything on it. Maybe it didn’t make to the internet? It could have been a private plane without any commercial passengers which would make sense.

My 2c worth, experts will correct me: as far as I know, an aircraft would be towed off the runway after it aborts takeoff, the overheating of the breaks might melt the tires eventually. They might have waited for them to cool down.

2 Likes

Being from MSP I might be able to offer some information. From what I heard the plane landed then the nose wheel steering didn’t work so they had to close the runway for a bit and tow the plane off. They used runway 35 for arrivals and runway 30R/12L for the smaller planes.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.