Plane Flipped Over

Hi, so today i flew from KMCO-KPHL. So on finial approach, my plane started veering to the left, then seconds later, it pitched up and flipped over supper quickly before crashing like 1 NM from the runway.
Here is the replay file:

1 Like

Was your speed persistent? Did you calibrate before turning off AP? Did you use the “AP Off” button?

My speed was 135knts, yes I calibrated, and no I did not use the A/P off button, I turned off the altitude then Nav then speed

1 Like

I’m on mobile so i’m unable to see the replay. What aircraft were you in?

I was in the B737-700

1 Like

was there anything altering your flying (ex. crosswinds or trim)

No, there was normal trim. No alarming winds

we’re you overweight, if not then that’s all i can do for you unfortunately

Hey,

Thanks for sharing with us a copy of your replay. I’ve just watched the last few moments.

At the very end, as you were veering left, your elevator pitched up severely—this explains your aircraft’s flip. It seems to me to be an issue with your aircraft’s calibration.

When did you last calibrate your device? Remember, you must calibrate your device while it is level.

Thanks,
Patrick

Not to my knowledge

1 Like

Hi thanks, i recalibrate before each landing, i calibrated when I turned on finial

Hey,

Thanks for getting back to me.

My thinking is your calibration was not performed correctly this time (we all make mistakes—for example, you mayn’t have calibrated your phone while it was level) and that it is not a wider technical issue. Is this a persistent problem or is it a single occurrence?

Thanks,
Patrick

This has happened before, but the plane did not flip over. The last time, I was in a B787

Hey,

Having watched your replay and being aware of the infrequency of the issue, I really do think it is nothing more than a case of pilot error while calibrating your device. If you have anything more to add that may be contrary to this, I’d be more than welcome to aid you more. However, it does seem to be a minor issue with your final preparation.

Thanks,
Patrick

What flap setting?

Since I was on finial, 30%

In other news, I saw you on my flight from KORF-KATL. That’s crazy how I saw this.

1 Like

Heh you saw me flip over??

No you were maybe 30 minutes into your flight. You were around south carolina

Oh cool. Lol

1 Like