Plane drifting away from centreline on final approach.

@Airborne_Canuck… MaxSez: What Aircraft (Turbine or Recip). “Rudder” by itself does not in itself adjust drift or yawl. It’s a Rudder/Aileron combination to be effective. Plus a landing requires 2 evolutions a “Round Out” and “Flare”. What’s your procedure? No wind?
Max

1 Like

I can understand you very well cause I’m suffering from the same issue even though i use a joystick but as soon as I disconnect the AP; dancing starts even with minimal winds… Crosswinds would make a crab angle not a drift

1 Like

Have you tried to restore defaults in settings—> controls?

1 Like

To everyone here, The issue was resolved. It wasn’t a landing issue it it was that my sensitivity was too high and I wasn’t flying fast enough on final approach. This caused my aircraft to bank and stall sometimes.

2 Likes

Can I @ a mod somewhere to lock this thread since the issue has been resolved?

1 Like

You can flag the topic post by clicking on the flag icon, going to ‘other’ then putting the reason down for the flag (which in this case, would be for closure) or you can wait for a moderator to randomly find this then to close it. However, the first option is a quicker way.

Another option is instead of flagging, you can PM (Privately Messge) a moderator, link the topic and ask for closure that way.

The last option is what you’ve mentioned, to tag a moderator for closure :/.

140?! A 737 would land at 125-130 Knots :)

140 is like the 2,000ft - 500ft AGL approach speed.

1 Like

Happy Landings!

Pro Tip: Don’t forget that you can use the rudder to stay centered and it acts as a brake if you pull down on it.

1 Like