Here it is !
After some tests, IF Cockpit is up and running on iOS 9 and 10 (iPhone 5c and later) (don’t buy if your device or OS version is older) and ANDROID 5 OR LATER
Now also available for Android !
Some words on the app :
What do I get ?
You can control any device with another (iOS can control Android and vice versa)
Control for all these things (No In App Purchase !) :
- Pitch & Roll (with pan tilt movements)
- Gear (toggle)
- Breaks (toggle)
- Spoilers (toggle: Flight/Armed/Off)
- Flaps (Up/Down)
- Autopilot : SPD, HDG, ALT, VS
- ATC : Open/Close window + 1 to 10 commands
- Trim (Up/Down)
- Camera (next/previous) + POV
- HUD (enable / disable)
- And more to come !
Also the right to vote between features if I hesitate which one to develop next :)
However, the app provides no visual feedback for now, because I focus on features more than making an actual button that shows you if yes or no the gear is down (you can see it on the simulator screen)
Tutorial : How does it work ?
First, you need to connect the two devices on the same network
Then, follow these steps ( [IF] = Infinite Flight, [IC] = IF Cockpit) :
- [IF] Start Infinite Flight
- [IF] Check ‘Enable Infinite Flight Connect’ in General Settings
- [IF] Start a Flight
- [IC] Click ‘Auto Connect’
- [IC] Wait for ‘Connected’ message in the info panel
- [IF] Go to Settings > Controls
- [IF] - Click on ‘Roll’ and move your phone to left/right
- [IF] - Click on ‘Pitch’ and move your phone frontwards/backwards
- [IF] - Click on ‘Yaw’ and move the ‘Rudder’ slider left/right
- [IF] - Click on ‘Throttle’ and move the ‘Throttle’ slider up/down
- [IF] - Check any ‘reverse’ box if needed
- [IC] Click ‘Auto Setup’ at any time to reset connection if needed
- [IC] Click ‘Calibrate’ at any time to reset axis center
- I can’t
- It take time to work on this, to maintain it, to develop new features …
- I had to pay 99€ to put it on the App Store (+ 25€ on Android Play Store coming soon)
- I will release parts of the code and tutorials to let you develop your own apps and I strongly encourage you to do so !
- I just won’t.
What does it look like ?
Colors have changed (it’s now all black) but globally look like this !
Hey ! What about Android you apple geek ?!
Here it is ! You can now control your Android with iOS or vice versa, or iOS-iOS or Android-Android do what you want and FLY !