Pitch for takeoff

Hey guys, I have on quick question for you all, what is the right pitch when taking off?

1 Like

Depends on what plane you’re talking about.

Any specific plane?

1 Like

Not an aircraft in specific, but what is the normal pitch at takeoff?

Usually about 10-15 degrees.

Somewhere between 3000 to as high as 4500 fps

3 Likes

That’s being specific, thanks 🙏

1 Like

Whatever is required to maintain a constant IAS (V2+a bit) up to your acceleration altitude.

It will vary by weight, temperature, wind, thrust, flap setting etc. etc. etc…

6 Likes

I set low between 2000-2600 to enjoy initial climb on slow speed and retracts flaps. Anything faster you will miss the view around airports.

2 Likes

@Claudio Try that in the Cessna 172 and let me know how it plays out ;)

9 Likes

Well I tried doing it at 4000 FPS in the 172, I didn’t stall because after about 2 seconds I put the nose down because it was hard to keep the nose up.

3 Likes

The pic says you will stall in few secs :)

4 Likes

Thanks you 🙏 you are always helping me @Stu 👨‍✈️

1 Like

Okey, I’ll try that profile

Also the planes goes to high, I think you answered my question! Just maintain 2,000-2,600

1 Like

I always go between 1500 to 2600 as I like slow climbs so I don’t have to contact NASA centre on 187.74.

6 Likes

Yes, I like them too!

For the Cessna 172 2600 for is way too high. You should main around 500-1000 fpm.

1 Like

Yes for the Jets. It’s not written rule but it works on all situations light, heavy, and look cooler from outside View too. But for propeller aircrafts don’t use this. It’s 400, 500fps.

Looks like we typed same time.

1 Like

Okey, so low vs for GA planes

2 Likes

A lot of the time you’ll want to pitch for a certain speed. If I’m in the 930 I’ll try to pitch for 170 and maintain that throughout the climb. This plane is very powerful tho and has no problem doing 3,000 fpm so sometimes I’ll have to pull the power back a bit.

1 Like

At about 2000’agl go ahead and pitch down a couple degrees, pull the throttle back maybe 10% and start pitching to accelerate to your 240-250Kts

Of course in this case I’m talking about airliners

2 Likes