Pink line of speed goes crazy!

Just drop me a PM if you encounter this again, and try to record when it happens :)

We certainly don’t want you to leave. But to be able to fix something, we first have to know what it is.

1 Like

He’s asking if the speed is affected when this occurs. Is it or is it not?

1 Like

Listen… Imagine you are approaching EDDF runway 07R. Everything is fine and your autopilot is set on final approach speed and the pink line isn’t moving…
And than the pink line start to move hardly up and down and the autopilot goes crazy and the thrust is moving hardly… And bd you cannot see your speed because the speed bar is moving so hard.

1 Like

Where the winds acting weirdly when this happened? Did you notice?
The issue i can come to think of when you say this… is one we had (but haven’t seen in ages) that caused the winds to go bananas when transitioning from “winds aloft” into a METAR area that was quite windy as well.

5 Likes

Yes sometimes I experience what Seb said too. But it wasn’t to the point where I can’t see my airspeed or just a general section (i.e. 135kt - 145kt) you get the idea.

1 Like

Nothing about the winds… I know what happenes in winds and it isn’t so strong. Like in one second your bar moves from 140KTS to 160KTS and than to 120KTS

1 Like

So… If we don’t have any way to solve it I guess I won’t make long hauls anymore because it is a big risk… :(
You have no idea how much I’m angry about it… (I’m not blaming your of course… @schyllberg)

1 Like

You said the pink line goes crazy, does the throttle go crazy as well?

1 Like

Yes… From 38 to 100 and than 0… The autopilot almost braking my throtle :)

1 Like

If that’s the case, what you referenced of 140 to 160 then 120 is quite literally impossible since the engines can’t respond that quickly to adjust the airspeed according to the throttle.

1 Like

Is this what you are referring to?

2 Likes

Yes I have the exact same issue on maybe 1 in 15 flights. Normally during approach, and when it happens I just have to do manual throttle for the rest of the time. It is very irritating though!

1 Like

And that’s why the plane stole :(

1 Like

According to the EDDF METAR from 2 hours ago, there were no gusts.

1 Like

could just be glitchy then, disconnect from weather and reconnect or something

1 Like

It does happen, but the issue in question is where the autopilot overcompensates for the gusts and causes the plane to become uncontrollable. i.e. wind flickering between 10 and 13 knots and the planes autopilot changing from 20% to 109% throttle

2 Likes

It is not wind gusts. The airspeed changes by 20 knots literally 10 times a second, definetely a glitch.

1 Like

I have never seen the plane become uncontrollable before, I have had it happen but the plane just yaws with no rudder, unless that is what you are talking about.

1 Like

I mean that the plane goes in and out of stalling due to the rapid changes in throttle. Eventually autopilot disconnects as the plane will start doing parabolas due to the huge changes in throttle, causing it to be uncontrollable. The only way around it is to fly manually for the rest of the flight. I don’t use approach mode when I fly, so I don’t know whether @Reedgreat is referring to it happen then or not.

2 Likes

I’m referring to the same issue happening. The video in my support topic should be the same as what you are experiencing.

3 Likes