Pink airport (or non metar airports) winds aloft fail

Since last update, winds on pink airport (no METAR) doesn’t match the real wind like < 20.1 updates… When you used to spawn with older version that 20.2 you would catch the real wind at the aircraft altitude when you spawn. From 20.2 I always experience wind around 360 at 0,1 or 2 knots. At my last spawn and take off, Every windy wind source indicated more that 10 kts of wind while i spawn and took off with 1 kt of wind. I don’t really understand what changed since last update.
After take off the winds aloft were accurate.
I’ve only tried at LSGY for now.

This detail could make some trouble for people who wants to train for patterns work (that’s not my case)

iPhone 6 iOS 12.4 IF20.2

3 Likes

Is this will all pink airports?

1 Like

This is because if there’s no METAR, there’s no wind.
Winds aloft does not have high enough resolution to provide weather data on the ground, on airports.

Having it any other way caused a number of issues.

3 Likes

Thanks for the answer. Anyway in the past I used to get the wind correctly. It’s only happening on spawn and as long as you stay in the airport weather caption zone

The wind was correct before 20.2. If there’s no wind why I can get small values in term of speed ?

1 Like

Yeah apparently and all airports that doesn’t have metar data is displaying wind close to 360 with small speed while it should be real wind from altitude airport data (1400ft 12kts 290d p.e) or 360d 0kts). So people training in winds to gain experience and XP can’t more. And for my part I can’t land at my favorite airfield with real winds…

2 Likes

It’s a bit pity because It’s like you guys coded something like if we are close or at an airport with no weather data we can’t longer enjoy the winds effect (something life if aircraft are less 1nm of airport then wind=metar, if not metal wind 360 at 0). In the past the wind was part of the wind aloft system, if we were at an airport with no metar data then the wind aloft data was used to provide wind to airport and then enjoying a realistic wind experience. this is something that disappeared with 20.2. I only miss that. the rest of the update is amazing and I like how the wind are changing faster, This is just for saying that I regret to not be able to land with real wind were I should have them. So if you guys are ok with restablishing the old system I’d be happy :)

Thanks for your awesome updates they are really cool ^^.

1 Like

We’re not. Since that system caused winds to shift dramatically when on final and fog not to work properly :)

Will make a note for this in terms of future versions though. That it’s something we’ll need to improve.

3 Likes

Uhh did do you changed something? Looks like its working for now :)

Sorry for the blur. The wind was accurate but weather is red ^^
Well I’m not continuing this topic, got the reply I needed, let’s hope it’s staying like that…

Just to answer to one point. The wind would drop drastically from altitude (345d11 p.e) to 360d0… just saying.

Thank you for your availability, always a pleasure

1 Like

Nope. Did that occur now when spawning or been flying around a bit?

1 Like

Just spawning. 10 minutes ago I flied from a neighbor airport and on final the wind felt from 45kts to 0… (I were on a huge windy region)

1 Like

Looks like everything is working now. I think it’s also an issue with weather like the red icon that are showing sometimes

1 Like