Pilots, please Report your misbehaving colleagues

Pilots and ATC, please help us keep Playground a fun place to fly, by Reporting misbehaving Pilots.

Yes, it takes a bit of effort, but it will help keep Playground to be a fun training server.
After a bad Pilot has received 3 Reports, he will be ghosted.

Please use wisely and don’t Report Pilots who are seriously trying to learn and just don’t know yet. ATC’s please refer them to help pages.

This Forum is loaded with notes from frustrated ATC’s and Pilots who are tired of others behaving like cowboys on Playground. This topic is not about how bad it is, but how to address it.

See this article on how to Report a Pilot - covers Reporting by Pilot and by ATC:
https://community.infiniteflight.com/t/how-to-report-users-as-a-pilot-and-as-a-controller/9104

Please also read:

6 Likes

Thank you for the gentle reminder @azeeuwnl. In this case, I always do!

But others need to be notified so evasive action is taken.

4 Likes

i always try to report unwilling trolls. thanks to @azeeuwnl for taking time to write useful threads

they really need to publish some of these topics on facebook so more people could read them

5 Likes

I think the pilots who misbehave perceive IF as a game and not a simulator.

They need counselling.

8 Likes

Well, it’s still a mobile game. And mobile + simulator isn’t very common.

Well, it might not be a simulator physically, but the mindset of the pilots that misbehave should change. For as long as they don’t see the importance of following rules, this ‘game’ will lose credibility.

Do you think I’m taking IF way too serious??

3 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

5 Likes

There’s plenty of really basic and extremely unrealistic flying ‘games’ out there. There’s 10+ in the App Store that are so bad, so basic, and even childish, for the people that want that. They shouldn’t be on IF if they want a ‘game’

4 Likes

Anton your a breath of fresh air. Finally an adult weighs in. Munchkins & Elves please take note. The time to put away childish things is now! Max Sends

8 Likes

I’ll answer you SAA. You are not the Lone Ranger. A diverse “community” needs leadership by example. As long as unsophisticated youth retain positions of responsibility on this platform change will require adult intervention. Anton has lead the way since he joined us. Let’s follow his lead and put this train back on the tracks without ranker. Call them the way you see them. Use the belt with moderation, let professionalism & collegiality be our guide my colleagues for change. Max

8 Likes

Appears your in the “minority” here Fabian. Glad your with us, hope over time you’ll get it. Max

3 Likes

Bottom line: players typically pay $50 to play the game. The mindset of some individuals is that I have paid for this therefore it is my game, I can do what I like! The reality is that this is technically a community where co-operation is necessary for EVERYONE to enjoy. This is NOT a MMO!

There are obviously language barriers, experience barriers (technical terms like ‘in the pattern’ ) etc. maybe we need a mentoring program where experienced flyers can introduce new players how to co-exist.

The challenge appears to be in the ATC server domain. Maybe now is the time to switch the ATC playground to exist in the Free Flight Server. IF should now have enough ATC players who can control in a more strict environment. Let new ATC recruits start off in the Free Flight Server where everyone’s expectation isn’t as high and change the name of the middle server to ATC Learning Server. The name of the existing server uses the term playground. For new players etc this might bring up a wrong communication therefore confounding the situation. It is all in the naming and communication. 😀

4 Likes

All, PLEASE let’s not again have endless discussion about how bad it is, or why it is bad.
I know you all mean well, but that is NOT what this article is about. This is just about how to Report a Pilot.

Don’t see ghosting a Pilot as something just bad or negative. Believe me, being ghosted is a good part of a new Pilot’s learning process, because it makes the Pilot think! Maybe he’ll check the help pages!? ;-)

Thanks.

6 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

2 Likes

I was not speaking for myself actually. I was saying that people on the appstore don’t really expect a simulator, because they are on a mobile phone.

I do use this as a simulator myself, so that are two different things. :)

2 Likes

If you were not speaking for yourself who or why where you speaking! Let’s just end this here. We’re fill this topic up with noise and personal opinion.
Let’s keep on topic. No disrespect was intended Fabian. Let’s get on with it. Max

3 Likes

Unfortunately the vast majority of new players have no idea where to find the help pages, let alone the reason why they were warned or ghosted.

Being told to follow instructions or read the help pages without knowing what you did wrong, is less than helpful if the reason isn’t obvious. So even if a warned player knew where the help pages were, he/she would still have no idea what they’re supposed to be looking for.

3 Likes

Agree Tom. A suggestion to add the Forum Link in the PR and as a part the live subscription was floated. Roundly rejected as to hard by the powers that be. Max

3 Likes

Back to my suggestion of a mentoring process for new players

2 Likes

Who is this… ? Bradley Rutters… cuts right in front of me and others on expert server. Also I’m a lil disappointed at the ATC (IFATC Nikhil) for not seeing it and allowing it to happen and gave him clearance to takeoff. Bradley Rutters, he is a rookie on the expert server and someone needs to teach him how to behave. He should of been ghosted.

1 Like