Pilots on approach to LAX report seeing a man on a jet pack

In what could well be a first two aircraft approaching LAX saw a what they claimed was a man on a jet pack. It’s a weird one for sure. The first report was from American 1997 who said the following “Tower, American 1997, We just passed a guy in a jetpack” The approach controller obviously confused asked for the location to which they reply “Off the left side at maybe 300 yards or so, our altitude.” For some context to that AA 1997 was at that time at about 3,000 feet. Another flight crew then pops up with “We just saw the guy pass us by in the jetpack.” At this point the pilots of JetBlue 23 are told to be on the lookout, but no further sightings were reported.

At this time that’s about all that’s known, at this time local law enforcement and the FAA are investigating. It’s definitely an interesting one. Other airborne things like balloons, drones, birds, etc are not all that uncommon, but do you think this is the first of many and soon guys on jet packs will join this list? Or is this truly a one off?

7 Likes

Dang, didn’t think they’d notice me. 😔

Before anyone comes at me, it’s simply a joke. I didn’t do this!

14 Likes

Its a bird! Its a plane! No, its @Z-Tube on a jetpack!

10 Likes

2020 just gets weirder and weirder

4 Likes

Wth? 😂

That would make for some MEGA plane spotting.

2 Likes

This man currently holds the “Jetpack Joyride” world record, he beat the game! 😛

5 Likes

Honestly, he beat the scientists and broke out, wonder what score that happens at 😂

1 Like

I’ve never been so confused…

4 Likes

I bet you @Cameron_Stone wanted some air to air shots.

2 Likes

I remember getting an alert on my phone for this. Lol