Piloting a plane for the first time!

Hey guys! This Saturday, March 2nd, I will be piloting a plane for the first time. I was just wondering if anybody had any advice. I will post photos or a video when I complete it!

2 Likes

what kind?

1 Like

I belive it is a bell something. I’m not sure exactly

2 Likes

Nah it wouldn’t be a bell is a helicopter make and there planes are military.

2 Likes

My bad! I just know I’m piloting it, not sure which one

3 Likes

Very exciting! Are you going with an instructor, a family member, or someone else?

1 Like

That’s exiting that your going to be starting your flight training. I was exited when I started mine all you have to have is a positive mind about it have fun and take pics

1 Like

At least for my plane the controls are really sensitive so be careful. Best of luck.

1 Like

I fly the Cessna 172, and when you first rotate it needs much more pressure than you think. Don’t worry, your instructor will control all rudder movements, and most importantly study up what radio calls your going to make. I screwed up my first ever radio call and I was so embarrassed. Your instructor will tell you what to say, so don’t repeat it to the frequency, say it back to your instructor to confirm, and then say it on frequency.

1 Like

An instructor

1 Like

You’re gonna have fun! Take in as much as you can, learn something, and have fun! Your instructor will have plenty of advice for you :)

2 Likes

Ok! Thanks!

2 Likes

For your first time flying, just have fun 👍

All the tricky stuff will come later XD

1 Like

From my experience the first flight is pretty relaxed usually. The FI will takeoff and land but in the pattern you’ll get your hands on the yoke. Have fun and enjoy it!

1 Like

Thanks for the advice everyone! I’m about to go drive to the airport!!

1 Like

Hope you enjoy! I may fly one for the first time in July as part of a camp👀

1 Like

Have fun, man! I wish I could fly today since it’s my birthday.

Definitely post a video or pictures, I’m curious…

1 Like

@SouthernDude Happy Birthday
(back on topic)

1 Like

Thank you!

2 Likes

Well, I survived and lived to tell the tail of how incredible it was!

Flying, Bushcat Style 😎

2 Likes