Piloting a Cessna in Northern Georgia

For all of y’all out in the community in Northern Georgia y’all may recognize Lake Lanier and the highway that runs north (I belive it’s I-85) in these photos. I started lessons with my new flight school on Saturday and here are some scenic shots from the flight. Also, we were flying in a 32kt crosswind so it was hard to get good photos, yet alone fly the aircraft!

Enjoy these photos! I hope to return to KATL soon but you can also expect some more GA stuff from me as well now!

43 Likes

that looked like a lot of fun! wish I was there 😂

But those pics are nice, I’m also loving that scenery to, very beautiful!

1 Like

Man, how do you get those shots? I cross countryed yesterday, and I tried to get some good shots, but the entire time I was wrestling with 20 kt crosswinds with entire time… Lucky duck

1 Like

You ain’t gonna come over ot KJKA to come hangout?

1 Like

Nice pictures! One tip I learned from MzeroA is to put your headset on the throttle, and not on the yoke. More important on preflight than postflight, because if your headset is on the yoke when you preflight and check the flight controls, it might fall off the yoke, get damaged or stuck. Just a friendly tip :) Good luck on your training!

3 Likes

Nice photos and if I saw correctly you just started your flight school. Best of luck!

1 Like

We had not started pre flight yet but thank you :)

At my new school, this is the one I’m going to do the rest of my training at, ive taken other lessons before

1 Like

Who knows?!

1 Like

All these shots were taken in quick calm patches. Trust me, it’s was nearly impossible to fly in the 32kt crosswind

2 Likes

You must have been absolutely crawling 😂

1 Like

Well the turbulence was so bad it shot me out of my seat and I hit my head on the ceiling 😂

1 Like

Fun fact: I flew over the school I’m going to attend next year! It’s actually in the photos above but I won’t confirm or deny if anyone found it for my own safety

Nice ! Some nice back country down there …

1 Like

Congrats, great job! Best of luck in the future on your flight lessons.

Those are some great photos of the lake as well!

1 Like

Wow nice shots! I haven’t yet flown with the G1000 but am urging to so bad to!

1 Like

If I flew with G1000s I’d probably have the confidence to land a Cessna on a discovery flight 😂

2 Likes

This actually was a discovery flight lol. I just didn’t land because of the winds but I did perform my first take off!

It’s lovely down here!

1 Like

It’s incredible flying with them!

1 Like