Pilot Flying View

Recently, I’ve been internally conflicted on which views are the best for flying (not taking photos) especially during landing and takeoffs. On one hand, I love the realism of flying in cockpit view but on the other hand the instruments are too small. But I love the glass panels. Also if I have both on it’s a bit confusing. Ahhh. Please send help lmao!

Also here’s a poll

• HUD view
  • Pilot view without HUD
  • Pilot view with HUD
  • CoPilot view without HUD
  • CoPilot view with HUD
  • Instruments only view?
  • An external view (i am a monster)

0 voters

1 Like

I use the HUD view for Taxi, Take off and landing. Rest of the flight I use the virtual cockpit :)

It’s up to you, you use what feels right for your flying :)

2 Likes

The instruments don’t change size based on camera view.

1 Like

What he means is using the instruments is hard so he uses the HUD but he doesn’t like having the HUD on in the cockpit view.

4 Likes

Hm ok. I see

1 Like

I use the FD view for flying, but use the HUD view (but with the HUD off) for taxiing.

1 Like

Especially with the live cockpits sitting in the FO’s or captain’s seat is just such a realistic and cool feeling and the real deal for me. Was the same with the HUD and cockpit view for me too.

1 Like

all great points. @InfiniteFlightDeck I think i should try hud off for taxiing but i found that the bar in the center and on the left help make turns super smooth. @JulianB ya i find flying in cockpit view super realistic and ya im kinda in love. @Luke_King-kong wdym by virtual cockpit. thats just like the cockpit view right.

and ya @SimCaptain i meant like the hud view which it a bit larger.

i’ve also always wanted to try hooking up my phone to an external display. does that work for anyone?

1 Like

Oh what? Like mirror your phone screen to a TV? If you are on iPhone, and have an Apple TV, most definitely. You’”ll be able to find a tutorial on the internet somewhere. If not, I’m sure there is a way in 90% of cases.

2 Likes

If you have a MacBook or AppleTV (assuming you use iPhone) Also IF runs quite well on a Chromebook. That’s what I use, along with a Thrustmaster Hotas X flight stick and throttle.

1 Like

ya i have an iphone and a samsung tv that supports airplay. i know how to mirror it i’ve just never tried it and don’t know if it’ll be good. imma go try it out. i know you can also mirror an iphone onto a pc using lonely screen. that might bee a cool experience. i should try ut

2 Likes

hold up u can run IF on a chromebook. I might need to head to the store
and then u connected an external joystick hold up this is so cool and genius!

1 Like

You can connect a joystick to IF when playing on a phone too:

1 Like

ya im aware. its just a bit cumbersome on ios and i don’t have android. does bluestack work tho?

No clue, but if that’s an emulator than it isn’t (officially) supported.

2 Likes

Yeah! It works great! It makes it feel like it’s a PC sim!

1 Like

I have a problem and need to start using the Cockpit not the outside camera😐!! I plan to switch over in 20.1 with all the special features coming.

1 Like

I fly without the hud in the cockpit view, I keep all of my vital stats (speed, alt etc) on the status bar

1 Like

i guess that would work but what about the localizer and glideslope not to mention the FPV (flight path vector i think it is right?)

I like to fly most of my approaches visually although the A320 family cockpits have Localizer and ILS stuff. If I need the FPV then I’ll fly with the HUD on but I don’t need it most of the time :)

1 Like