As some of you pilots may know, maybe a few of your local airports offer controlled runway lightings. So today I would like to propose a new feature that would provide a new level of realism!
So, at a local airport (ICAO: KCMA)…the airport allows you to control airport lighting at night (when it’s not being controlled). I find this very interesting and extremely helpful when doing night landings!!
As far as what servers this will be implemented in, I Recommend only expert.
- (Hopefully) Pilots in the expert server who use this wouldn’t abuse this system, because they what to preserve a high level of realism
- It would help these “more” serious pilots enjoy easier night landings at (commonly) nontowered airports!
What is pilot controlled lighting?
Everything you’ll need to know is located in this website below
- I know this is a bit far fetched of a request, as there are much more features people would enjoy rather than this.
- this, I’m assuming, would be a complex feature to add into the sim, which again, with the time they would need to spend on this…they could spend on making 3D buildings or something
- I for one do not expect this feature to be added into the game anytime soon, I thought it would be a cool little thing to be added to the game!
If you don’t want to read the article, here’s a picture that should give you an insight of what it is
Thanks so much for taking your time to read this! I’d love to hear any feedback from anyone!!