Pilot and Co-pilot Flight Roles (Multiplayer Flight Controls)

Multiplayer Pilot Option

Bring multiplayer flight simulators to a whole new level with Pilot (Captain) and Co-pilot (First Officer) flight roles. This feature would bring the IFC and IF users even closer when allowing members to partner together on flights by accepting Pilot and Co-Pilot roles.

Features and Perks

• Allow for 2 player options, establishing roles as pilot and copilot in the cockpit.
    – Give both users the ability to control the aircraft and all functions of the aircraft including ATC communication.
  • Create in-flight communication system between the pilot and co-pilot.
    (Think ATC controls for communicating in the cockpit.)
    – This would look similar to preflight, postflight, and in-flight checklists. Including the ability to confirm aircraft settings, aircraft positions, and aircraft instrument readings.
  • Allow users to start flights and accept a role, and either a) leave the complementary role open for the public to find and join, or b) allow the users to request a specific user to join them.
  • Have a long flight that you won’t be able to land, no sweat, your co-pilot is there to land the aircraft safely.

Join together on a whole new adventure and partner as Pilot and Co-Pilot in Infinite Flight and take to the infinite skies together!

Yeah, kinda like shared cockpit and vatsim I think

That’s cool, I’ll try to free up a vote

I actually don’t know, I’m not familiar with FSX.

Ok, I’ll try to free a vote up and then vote for this. I’d really enjoy this

1 Like

Love the idea! You just earned my vote!

1 Like

Good idea on the topic👍

1 Like

Kind of a duplicate with this:

I’ll let the mods decide.

1 Like

Yeah. I’m not sure. The base of it could be considered a duplicate. We will see what Mods day.

@Jshnlsn Either way, I think this explanation should go on that feature request :joy:

Same. I searched and searched and didn’t find a feature like this. But there you have it. I wouldn’t be opposed to merging them and seeing about more elaboration and vision in the other.

1 Like

Great idea! Used my last vote. Complete worth it and I definitely push the devs to add this kind of feature to the game!

1 Like

I like this Idea, share cockpits are pretty common for realism in a lot of flight sims

1 Like

I wonder if this was implemented how won’t FDS connect to devices together so they can fly together? And if lag will be a factor

2 Likes

They’d probably do iOS devices and then android

maybe it will be interesting

1 Like

I would like this if you have every ability to chose whos cokpit your in, and if they are in your cokpit, and if you started the flight you could maby kick someone out if they start trolling…

3 Likes

Yea, this is a big way for trolls to come in. But with your idea this wouldn’t happen

2 Likes

Another protection would be if lets say X pilot starts it and Y joins and Y starts being a jerk and gets overspeeds. He gets it, or if the aircrat gets gohsted PIC gets it…

1 Like

Well the gohsting system/violations would be the same, but PIC gets any punishments…

1 Like