Photos should be allowed in Feature requests

I guess this is sort of a feature request, but for the forum itself rather than IF.

I believe photos should be allowed in feature requests. What if someone is trying to request a rare livery or airline, how are people meant to vote on something they’ve most likely never seen? Surely a photo attached is the most logical thing to do

11 Likes

I agree with this.

You can link a photo

2 Likes

True, but it would be much more convenient if it was right there

1 Like

Yes I agree with that

I agree! I don’t see the point to not be able to add photos for a feature request!
Sean deleted all my beautiful AF 777 photos on the AF 777-300ER Livery request thread!

What is the logic behind this?

6 Likes

Yeah, it was my thread. I dont understand it

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

but it takes forever to put it into imgur if u want to share a photo

It might be less convenient, but Philippe is offering a FREE community forum for anyone to use. Free for you guys, that is. Bandwidth & storage is expensive and racks up quickly. We are limiting where pictures are allowed so you guys may continue to use the community for free.

4 Likes

What forum have you ever paid to be on? What other forum didn’t allow uploading pics?

I don’t think you understand that this forum is funded solely by FDS, which is run by only a few people with limited budget.

If you don’t agree, we could start mailing you the bill ;)

3 Likes

I didn’t know this which is a fair point actually

Not really a valid point, actually. Web hosting with more than enough storage, RAM and bandwidth can be had for under $20/mo. So, 4 users’ Live subscriptions would cover a plan that includes more than enough disk space for local storage of uploaded images.

I think it is fine to make suggestions like this and let the forum admins decide themselves instead of discussing these details here.

1 Like

The forum admin (Philippe) decided to enforce the photos in feature requests rule in the first place

I find this we quite amusing ;)

But as I already offered to Philippe, if you tell me how nuch we could talk about that. I’m sure there are a lot of people who would donate for that.

2 Likes

3 Likes

“The more stuff you add, the more we’ll buy, and the more money you get”

3 Likes

2 Likes