Photo Editing Contest #2

Photography Editing Contest #2

Interested in photo editing?

Want to try out your new photo editing software and techniques on photos?

Now’s your chance!
Each week I’ll submit an unedited image from my gallery and upload it here. Edit the photo as little or as much as you’d like!

Contest ends 48 hours after topic is created, and only one submission per user so make it your best edit! Users who submit more than one edit will be removed from the contest.

Once submissions are closed I will choose the top 5 most creative/interesting or the edits I like the most. Those 5 edits will then be placed into a poll where you guys can vote anonymously for your favorite.

Feel free to provide feedback for user’s edits in the thread a well.

No skill or previous experience is required to submit your edit.

———————————————————

This week’s photo was taken just after this past summer at one of the most scenic airports out there, South Lake Tahoe. After a nice photo flight around Yosemite we landed in KTVL for a nice stop for dinner before returning home later evening. However the trip did not turn out as planed! After we landed at Tahoe and as we were taxing to the FBO, one of the ground crew workers told us there was smoke coming out of the engine. We shut down and immediately opened the canopy of our DA40 to see what the problem was. Sure enough, there was some white smoke coming out from the engine, so we removed the cowlings to get a closer look at the issue. Turns out it was just a loose valve that dropped a few oil onto a hot pipe, causing the white smoke. We played it safe though, and got a rental car end ended up driving back home instead of flying. But while on the ramp trying to figure out the engine problem, I took advantage of the beautiful backdrop of this Cessna 414 (also my favorite plane :D) and got some head on shots. The shadows from the tall trees behind me made for an interesting effect while the C414 was in daylight.

———————————————————

10 Likes

5 Likes

Here’s My Edit…

8 Likes

3 Likes

6 Likes

1 Like

4 Likes

done

1 Like

I really like @The_Greatest_Basket, @Ninetales & @Gavin_Hertel ones the best … so far !

2 Likes

this one is mine

2 Likes

2 Likes

here is my edit

4 Likes

3 Likes

1 Like

2 Likes

Tried my best!

3 Likes

Before: