Photo Editing Contest #1

Photography Editing Contest #1

Interested in photo editing?

Want to try out your new photo editing software and techniques on photos?

Now’s your chance!

Each week I’ll submit an unedited image from my gallery and upload it here. Edit the photo as little or as much as you’d like!

Contest ends 48 hours after topic is created, and only one submission per user so make it your best edit! Users who submit more than one edit will be removed from the contest.

Feel free to provide feedback for user’s edits.

No skill or previous experience is required to submit your edit.

———————————————————

This week’s photo was taken over the summer at one of my local airports, San Martin (E16). It’s located about 60 miles south of San Francisco and is available to fly in and out of on Infinite Flight. California is known to have fires in treacherous terrain, especially during the Summer when fire season is at its peak. This year, a large fire was west of San Martin Airport, and the best way for Cal Fire to extinguish it was by air. Dozens of helicopters from around California flew in to participate in extinguishing the fire, and I was there to capture it all. Below, is one of my favorite photos I’ve ever taken, as one of Cal Fire’s helicopters lifting off after being refueled. It shows the work and dedication our local firefighters put in to keep us safe, all in 95+ degree heat.

———————————————————

15 Likes

Where do you submit the finished photo? To this topic? ;) Cool idea btw.

3 Likes

This looks like a seen I saw in an old movie🤔

7 Likes

By the looks of it yes

Completed My Submission…

Here’s my edit :)

Here’s mine!

2 Likes

Just opted for a simple aviation edit, brought down some of the highlights, gave it some detail in the shadows and the helicopter overall. De-hazed, added few amounts of blur and yea. Here is the result;

10 Likes

1 Like

3 Likes

This is mine! Took me just five minutes, I think it looks good.

1 Like

My go!

Here’s mine!

Before:

After:

BTW: GREAT TOPIC!!! (Look forward to the next one!)

2 Likes

The Helicopter is missing part of its shadow

1 Like

2 Likes

Too much going on, imo. Looks too artificial.

2 Likes

Yep, I removed the box…

Great idea! These contests should be interesting. Looking forward to seeing everyone’s submission and those in the future.