Phone’s Battery During Overnight Flight

I’ve never actually done It myself, which is why I’m asking. How do you keep your phone battery from dying during an overnight flight? Does it seriously last 8+ hours?

1 Like

If you keep it on a charger 🔌

Then it stays charged

4 Likes

But isn’t that bad for the phone?

Always have your device charging. By lowering your graphics and screen brightness reduces the stress on your device so it’ll last longer. Again always have it plugged in though.

Not sure how’d that would be bad for the device if they are designed to be fine with chargers.

4 Likes

I know but if your phone is at 100%. It’s not meant to be charging anymore, your feeding your phones battery and it shouldn’t be. I’ve heard it’s bad for your phone. Maybe I’m wrong

At night your phone while your sleeping will reach 100 percent before you wake up and will remain charging. I’ve never seen or heard anything about that being bad for your device.

1 Like

It isn’t great, it will likely accelerate the degradation but that’s years down the line. I only notice it with my Air 2 as that’s 6 years old and got used like 20 hours a day for flying at one point.

4 Likes

Yes, technically it does decrease the life of the rechargeable battery in your device over time. My iPad does not hold a charge nearly as long as it used to because of it being plugged in all night for long hauls. The sacrifices I make for Infinite Flight…

2 Likes

Ok. Thanks all 😁😁😁

2 Likes

Yes, doing that decreases battery life, but not by much.

2 Likes

A pro tip: if your phone heats while charging, put it near a fan

2 Likes

A pro tip: Lower brightness and enable IF low power mode so it doesn’t heat up

1 Like

Also a pro tip: if you don’t have a fan, use an air conditioning to reduce the heat of your phone, if you don’t have a air conditioning either, put your phone near a windmill!

1 Like

Also a pro tip: prop wash from a turboprop will work as well (nail device to the ground to prevent it from blowing away)

Joking aside, lowering the brightness, focusing on a dark area in the cockpit, setting it to nighttime, and enabling IF’s low power mode in the settings while keeping your device flat on a hard surface and connected to a charger, everything will be fine. The only thing you’ll have to worry about is the spontaneous 19.4 crashes, which you can’t really do anything about (besides restarting your device prior to every flight).

Yeah prop WASH will work

It is bad for your battery. To keep it in the best condition, only discharge to 80% then charge it back up to 100%, then unplug it straight away.

A partial discharge reduces stress and prolongs battery life, so does a partial charge. Elevated temperature and high currents also affect cycle life.
https://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/how_to_prolong_lithium_based_batteries

It bad for the battery, but you can always buy a cheap battery don’t cost much.

Keep your phone on charge and yes it last the whole 8+ hours, im currently doing one from KLAX-RJTT

Its gonna be a bit warm tho