Phone explosion in Ryanair's flight in Barcelona

Well, it happened again.

5 Likes

You can’t blame the airline on this because it’s not there fault a phone exploded!

8 Likes

Who said Im blaming the airline?

9 Likes

No one said you were blaming them :)

2 Likes

I’m not saying you are I’m just saying that it’s not the airlines fault.

2 Likes

I’m just saying in general because someone will blame the airline on this.

2 Likes

Oh ok, @Goran12 due to a non-clear sentence subject I thought it was towards me, sorry

2 Likes

The evacuation looked very badly executed, it wasn’t even a major issue yet people likely got badly injured during that evacuation.

The slide didn’t look very sturdy or stable either.

3 Likes

We know it’s not Ryanair‘s fault. Since a couple of months or so Lufthansa always advises passengers prior the flight to contact the cabin crew if a personal device gets hot or falls under a seat. Lithium batteries are dangerous and this case shows it again.

5 Likes

But people are running for their life and they are in a panic so it is sort of weird but the crew are on the plane trying to get the passengers off the plane so…

1 Like

Someone will always blame the airline for something that’s not their fault

4 Likes

I saw an Evacuation Video on Instagram, and I couldn’t ignore how unorganized the evacuation process was. There were like 10 people on the slide at once, with some falling over on to the tarmac of how unstable the slide was. I know they were running for their lives but, they shouldn’t be shoving other people.

6 Likes

I’m surprised no one has asked what kind of phone it is 🤔

2 Likes

That happens. People don’t listen to the announcements by the crew and when something actually happens everyone reacts wrong and tries to run out of the plane, and people get trampled.

1 Like

The crew are by the doors of the aircraft, they should only be sending people down the slide when it’s safe not letting them do whatever. I suspect the poor cabin crew training by Ryanair is part of the issue.

2 Likes

It could be, my guess is a combo of both

This was very badly managed by the ground crew and the cabin crew. They could have very easily had enough time to bring up at least one set of stairs to an exit. The phone looks like it caught fire upon landing or either on their taxi to the gate, the pilots should have been notified and a stairs should have been ready to pull up within seconds. No need for the slide if it was actually managed properly. Not the airlines fault.

1 Like

Probably a Samsung, some of their models tend to explode due to overheating.

5 Likes

More and more airlines are starting to make this announcement. Mostly widebody aircraft where the phone can get stuck in some really weird places in the business seats.

1 Like

Did you read the article? The incident occurred prior to departure. With emergency situations like this with the cabin being filled with harmful smoke, you don’t continue anything. You stop, open the doors and get out as quickly as possible to escape the fumes. There is no time for someone to delicately pull up a set of stairs to the plane and have people walk off in an orderly manner. You open all 8 emergency exits and get out.

You know Ryanair uses built-in stairs for their aircraft, right? If I were the cabin crew, I would not want to be holding the “stair lower” button for 45 seconds while I have 189 passengers standing behind me inhaling toxic gases. I want all the passengers out and safe as quickly as possible, Li-ion batteries are not to be messed with. The crew handled it quite well considering there was a fire in the cabin.

6 Likes