Just got released a few minutes ago - so far no news sites and Philippine Airlines’ press release have picked up on it - hopefully it isn’t an error.
Philippine Airlines Will Launch A New Manila To Seattle Route:
- This route will launch from May 3, 2020.
- It’ll operate 3x weekly using the A350-900XWB.
- Manila to Seattle departs 10:45 p.m. and arrives 7:45 p.m.
- Seattle to Manila departs 11:05 p.m. and arrives 3:35 a.m. (ok then)
This is a pretty interesting route as I believe Delta was interested in launching its own Seattle to Manila route? Currently, no U.S. carrier serves Manila from a mainland U.S. city.
- Philippine Airlines flies from its hub in Manila to Los Angeles, San Francisco, New York JFK, Vancouver, and Toronto in North America.
Philippine Airlines Resumes Cebu To Los Angeles Flights:
- From May 2, 2020, Philippine Airlines intends on resuming its Cebu to Los Angeles flight.
- Set to operate 3x weekly using the 777-300ER.
- Cebu to Los Angeles departs 9:00 p.m. and arrives 7:30 p.m.
- Los Angeles to Cebu departs 10:30 p.m. and arrives 5:00 a.m.
- This will be Cebu’s only nonstop flight to North America. I think it might be its only flight to another continent?
MNL-SEA: 6,661 mi/11819 km
CEB-LAX: 7,344 mi/10719 km
Truthfully, I thought Cebu to Los Angeles was an entirely new route until I read it was a resumption. I didn’t expect Cebu to have a direct U.S. route.
The Seattle route makes me wonder if they’re planning to do something with Delta…
What are your thoughts?