Perth Intl - London Heathrow

I want to do the non stop flight from Perth to London, but everytime when I try, my games tell me that I have too less fuel.

1 Like

There’s some great tutorials to assist you with this. Start in this series ^^^^^

;)

3 Likes

Simbrief is a excellent tool to use for fuel measurements. And flight planning with from departure to destination with waypoints to follow.

And step Climb to conserve fuel. Don’t climb to FL360 right away instead begin with something lower as FL290 or FL300.

1 Like

But I don’t know how to use that

This should help too!

2 Likes

Try to make your plane as light as possible. 0kg passengers, 0kg Cargo, and full fuel. That would help a lot.

1 Like

Hehe, fun thing when i fly QF9 and QF10 i go with 280 to 300 passengers and 2000kg to 5000kg, but step climb helps a lot.

2 Likes

What’s your altitude?

I initially start of by climbing to FL340 and a speed of M0.85

The real QF9 flight starts with FL340. Check flightradar24.com and see how/when the aircraft climbs. Also, make sure to cruise at the correct speed. The B789 on this flight cruises at around M0.84-M0.85.

Another important factor is the trim setting. Make sure that you eluminate the purple line!

2 Likes

Yea i just noticed that. Thanks for the heads up. Been some time since i last flew that route. Only done it twice so far.

1 Like

If you look now QF10 IRL is flying to Perth now and at FL350 as it has travelled a bit by now.

That’s a nice idea actually, never thought that before.
But in this case QF10 starts of at climbing to FL340 right away so… But if you don’t to go that far in realism then what you said is absolutely fine :)
And it’s possible to recreate if done the correct way. I’ve done so it’s not a problem.

Wait! How in the world does taking off above max takeoff weight help in this case? I’m intrigued…

2 Likes

But doesn’t the plane stall?

Edit: Wait Whaaaat? Who even flies MTOW?

1 Like

I don’t see how recommending this to a new user is good material. If you have to load that much extra fuel then you’re using the wrong aircraft and wrong settings for PAX and Cargo…

Not very good advice IMO.

3 Likes

And errr… then maybe you want to explain the relation between this and taking off above MTOW. 🤔

1 Like

Are you sure you meant MTOW and not MLW?

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

For me, i took off at MTOW, so when i started to fill up the plane i usually have it on MTOW +150-300 kg taxi fuel. And try to fly it with the real passenger count. So if you fly qantas B789 it would be 236+ 10 crew members. And the cargo its definetly not full…