Permanently banned from expert?

Hi guys,

So a user who I’ve found a thread about being ‘permanently banned’ due to 15+ ghostings cut straight through me to push into the que not too long ago. Anybody know how he’s been able to get back onto expert server in less than a year after being ‘permanently banned’?

You can find the probable answer in the topic you posted :)

Depending on when your ghostings took place, they will fall off after 365 days. So if you had a report on Jan 20 2016, it should fall off tomorrow.

Read this answer:

Maybe he is allowed to go back now because the ghosting felt off.

He had 15, but not over 15, so he can come back, as @Marc said. Hopefully, he’ll learn. Given the photos, though, it looks like he won’t be spending a long time on the Expert Server.

The problem with those pictures is that they are not reliable.

If you have a bad internet connection and the other planes won’t load stable the other planes might not always appear correctly in the game. This also applies the other way around. For example when I have connection issues, it might be possible that my plane disappears for a moment before it pops up again. I’ve seen that before on multiple occasions.

This might have been the case here. This user simply might not have seen the other plane. Or he really was just careless.

1 Like

Is it confirmed he had 15? He doesn’t seem sure how many he has himself from that thread but it’s at least 15 I agree. This should have been 16 then (at least) and he should have 100% been permanently banned.

I reported this literally as it happened here on IFC but nobody wanted to do anything about it. If somebody with authority had looked into it further maybe he would have been permanently banned now making expert server a much better place in my opinion

1 Like

Well, it is one person, after all.

The thread states somewhere along the lines of more than 15 all time ghosts is a permanent ban from expert

I don’t see how a more reliable picture could have been taken?

If as you’re saying my plane didn’t appear for some reason, he’s still gone through the back of that other plane in front of me or within inches - so for that reason don’t think that’s the case here

A report doesn’t alway result on a ghosting 😉

And IF one of the old ghostings felt off by the time, even if your report would have resulted in a ghosting, it probably wouldn’t be Number 16 because as written some older ghosting may have been disappeared by now.

And regarding the pictures: Just read what I wrote. I explained why they might not be relieable.

At the end it was just a guy cutting you off while taxiing. Shouldn’t happen on Expert, yes. But this ain’t the end of the world. If he is to blame here he’ll probably do it again and when multiple people report him, it will probably be another ghosting. 😊

I’ve read your reply and stated why that’s highly unlikely to be the case here. Plus it’s clear he has form in doing foolish things. Please re-read my reply

It’s also clearly stated… more than 15 all time ghostings = permanently ghosted. The key is all-time.

As far as I’m aware a reporting on expert leads to an immediate ghosting. If this is later taken off for whatever reason the report disappears from your record completely.

1. It is best you pm a moderator/staff about this issue
  2. The user may not be the same one, they may just have the same name, hence the 15 ghosts claim may not be valid
  3. You/him may have a bad internet connection/device causing not all planes to show up

Anyways, look over the points I mentioned, especially the first one. Thanks!

3 Likes
  1. Is it likely a mod will come across this anyway? I did PM a mod at the time the incident did happen but nothing was done - wouldn’t want to increase their workload now if nothing can be done + might get done for spamming them.

2. The name on that thread created in Jan 18 + callsign mentioned correlates perfectly with the one in the screenshot, highly doubt it’s somebody else/a coincidence

3. I see your point but again I think it’s highly unlikely to be frank

Look, I gave you a couple reasons why he might have been back on expert or why he passed right through you. @Matthew_Chan basically gave you the same answer summarized in a beautiful list.

You keep arguing every point we present you. I think best solution would be for you as Mathew also suggested to text a moderator (just write a PM to @ moderators). They are able to check some user stats and assist you with your question. 😊

Have a good day!

Sorry if you feel I’m arguing. It’s not the case at all.

Apart from my response to your point about poor connection which I just personally don’t agree with + think it’d be way too much of a coincidence… every other response to what you have stated has been fact.

Sorry for correcting you but if you state something incorrect I’ll try correct it for your own and other users benefit. Likewise if I’ve stated something incorrect, or even think a correction I’ve made is incorrect you should put that straight for mine and other users benefit. Nothing wrong with that bud

Not according to this?

Its a confusing issue, and one that I absolutely wouldn’t worry myself about.

Reports and violations never disappear, unless they are removed they stay forever, they just grow older and so no longer restrict your grade.

Incorrect. A report is the same as a ghosting. They are just different terminologies used in the app vs the forum.

Also incorrect. The user won’t be allowed onto the Expert Server after they have received a 16th ghosting ALL-TIME. They are banned for ever. The ghosts do not disappear in this case.

I’m not entirely sure why you are making it look like @n587kk is arguing with you, he’s genuinely asking a question and you’re replying with ‘maybe’s and ‘perhaps’s. It’s clearly the same user, and a connection issue excuse is weak as the user is known for breaking the rules. The only way to check for sure if the user should be on Expert is to check with a Mod.

2 Likes

Ok, wait: That would mean that if I report a fellow pilot on Expert, it would automatically result in a ghost. I can’t imagine this is true. I thought that at least 3 reports on the same flight were necessary to result in a ghost. Otherwise that would mean that every user can ghost another user. Wouldn’t make a lot of sense, would it? Maybe I’m wrong here, that could be entirely possible.

And regarding that:

Maybe I used the wrong word. I should have used “questioning” instead of “arguing”. My apologies @n587kk 😊

The report button doesn’t do anything at the moment. It was removed because of abuse.

3 Likes