Perilous flight to Madrid

On my way to to Madrid via AMS because our flight from IAH was delayed by an hour causing us to miss our connecting flight. In addition, my brother’s passport was not accepted because it expired in less than 3 months from the travel date, so we had to leave him with family, as we had strong commitments to attend to. The one good thing that came out of this was that we’re taking a 777 instead of a 767 from ATL to AMS. Will make additions for our KLM 737 when we reach AMS!

imageimageimage

5 Likes

Have a great Flight! 777 should be a nice plane to fly on!

3 Likes

That sucks that you had a bad experience at IAH, hopefully the rest of your trip is better!

4 Likes

The delay sucks but the passport rule is widely known. I got my passport renewed in October, about 9 months before it was due to expire in May. (traveled to Europe yesterday)

2 Likes

Yeah, we weren’t paying attention

Hard to see, but Delta breast cancer livery

1 Like

Of course you travelled on a plane yesterday was it just because you felt like it 😂

2 Likes

Oh, i know that, that happened to my brother in Vanuatu. It took a long time 🙄

2 Likes

In many cases, even if you travel with a visa and that expires in 3 months, entry won’t be allowed. For example, my daughter, who’s 14, went to Germany for vacation on a Schengen visa. She was denied entry, and the same thing happens throughout the world.

1 Like

Finally reached Amsterdam and am waiting in the KLM lounge

1 Like

Plane’s here finally and in KLM’s new livery

You could have told me and I would have spotted you here in Madrid @Northwest ! Anyways if you wanna go spotting hit me up and we might sort something out.

2 Likes

When you go from Atlanta to Amsterdam only to see another Delta aircraft upon arrival. You can’t escape them Delta’s lol.

I have a love-hate relationship with those Delta 777s. On one side, they are huge and majestic, but on the other side, my IFE and charging ports never work!

1 Like

Seems like you had a bit of a rough start to your trip all hoping it goes better for you from now!

BTW I’m in Europe also on vacation!

1 Like

Just got to Madrid, 8 hrs late and exhausted.

Which country are you in?

1 Like

I would, but we’re doing a lot of sightseeing and leaving in 3 days for Sevilla

I’m in the UK and France tomorrow

1 Like

I can be your tour guide here in madrid if you want ;)

1 Like