People editing your topic

It’s really annoying to see people edit others topic. If your going to edit something, did some more times of a event or your own comment. Even worse people that edit your topic to make you look bad. This makes it unoriginal. Anyone feel the same?

2 Likes

I know right! I hate it when people edit my topic. Someone changed airliner to airline like, you’re not a moderator - it’s not against the rules, so why did you do it? I feel like I should put on the topic “only moderators can edit this post, please don’t edit it.

2 Likes

Hi!

I am suprised…how can others edit your topic?

2 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Hey Jon, what kind of topic editing are you talking about? If it was in the Events category, it was probably me. There is a certain format we would like all event topic titles to have.

Yeah it was the events. It’s fine if you add the time for Zulu but I think someone edited my event saying it was ATC practice at Oshkosh. It wasn’t the point of the event. It’s only for giving the region attention.

1 Like

It was me, any problems? :)

1 Like

Unless the topic title does not accurately describe the actual event in one way or another, the only thing I’m going to change is the format (@ 4-digit ICAO code, Date, Time in Zulu)

3 Likes

I don’t think anyone of us are out to make someone look bad. Just trying to help @Swang007 cut his work load. If there is ever a problem you can tell us. I try to let the person know if it needs to be changed before changing it. So they can edit it themselves.

2 Likes

I edit titles if they don’t comply with the rules. I don’t edit event titles because I am not willing to learn the category’s special rules of title-age.

You see me change category of post much more often.

How are we making you guys look bad-Just curious.

Interesting…RTFM…!!!

The only reason topics are edited is to match a certain format that make it easier for ppl to quickly look at all the events without having to enter each thread. Typos are also something that might get fixed.

This is in no way to make anyone look bad. If you feel your topic has been edited inappropriately, msg a moderator so we can take appropriate actions.

2 Likes

Exactly! People souldnt edit the title of the event unless if they’re adding a time.

1 Like

You said it “only moderators and admin can edit” topics. Nobody else. Trust level 3 can only edit titles and recategories. I don’t edit titles I only recategories But others might do if they find it inappropriate. This is how the forum organised. Specially when it becoming bigger community.

I am assuming this is happening on mobile. It is hard to give you a solution since there are many thing that could cause this. Maybe your best chance is to look for an answer on Discourse’s support forums directly.

1 Like

You didn’t let us know which phone and OS you having this problem. I don’t have any problem with IPhone.

@John, I was getting the same issue. It was being caused by accessing the forum using the shortcut icon I created. Now I just access it through chrome, and my keyboard is no longer covered up.

What I don’t understand is why non contentious topics are “Closed”?