Penalty for sitting at parking?

good evening. I received penalties for sitting at KSAN tonight and don’t understand why. I appeared and had to leave the room for about 30 minutes. I never moved or made contacted atc. However when I left I had a huge penalty. Any reason why?

@matt

When you came back, have you checked ATC window for any massage? Any warning? It’s strange. I don’t think siting there itself offence. Unless you were siting in holding point.😀 where’s that 3 violation coming from if you are not moved?😧

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

I was in a designated parking spot that I selected from the menu. Never moved. Nothing.

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

I think that since you were not parking at spot “Hold Short Rwy27 @ B1” there is no reason for reporting you.

1 Like

Possibly AFK for too long??
I don’t what those regulations are, seems silly that you recieved violations.

I’ve sat parked in a terminal at KLAX for 10 minutes, came back and turns out the ground ATC sent me 6 “say intentions” messages. I don’t think he/she should be worrying about parked aircraft, focus on the ones requesting taxis and pushbacks.

3 Likes

Yeh! What’s wrong with that you could be flight planning, plane spotting or maybe arguing with mum that you only started flying😛. So you have the rights to do what you wanna do until switch on your navigation and beacon lights.

2 Likes

What we have here is a failure to communicate & an over aggressive/frustrated Ground Controller ( the ATC “Cop” syndrome)! I got so tired of getting the boot by ground as soon as I fire up in parking dark at any controlled airport that I now send a “Stand By” to Ground to indicate I’m here and am biz’y running my check list etc. first thing! Since the Ground menu does not have a “Check In” I believe my procedure is appropriate and most of the time I don’t have to send “Correction, Stand By”. The Ground Menu needs at tweek. Till then pass the word ATC, we’ll call you from parking, don’t call us, when we first appear on your screen.
Just Sayin, Mad Max Sends
(Josh, you got robbed! That’s another area that need a tweek,I call it the “Summary Judgement”… An Appeal Process should be implemented, what say you Dev’s )

3 Likes

Typically, if you are in an actual parking area, we’ll leave you alone. I personally don’t care if you sit there all day, as long as you don’t move without requesting, I couldn’t care less. Obviously, if you’re at a hold short spawn point (which shouldn’t be an option in the future) we will need to get you moving. However, if this happens again, please PM me the name of the controller.

Thanks!

1 Like

That sucks. I normally sit at my gate, before requesting pushback, to enter a flight plan.

(Mike)

Why would you get a penalty for sitting at parking? If you didn’t say what airport you were at I would’ve asked you if you were sitting on the runway of an airport with just a runway and no taxiway. Were you parked at a gate close to the runway? I don’t get it, they could’ve ghosted you, but you would’ve known. Something mysterious although did happen. Might have to ask an expert, I’ve never flown on Advance Server in my life.